TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some unknown reason my fully functional TiVo Roamio Plus solution is unable to create a MoCa network like it has for the last 2 years.

I do network diagnostics and it now reports TCP port 37 needs to be opened and because of that the Roamio cannot establish a Moca network. (set to be a bridge).

I have been through level one tech support at Tivo, Comcast and Arris (helped me setup port forwarding on port 37) What a pain but Port 37 should be open...still no joy

The main unit with ethernet connection is able to run appropriately but since no Moca can be established no communication to the mini's in the house.

Since the Roamio can function in all aspects but I can not establish the Moca network, I was thinking about buying a Tivo bridge and setting the Roamio as a client. Blunt maybe but that's where my head is at.

I assume someone in this value(less at the moment) chain has changed something but I can't get beyond the finger pointing.

Ideas?

Thanks

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Ideas?
Thanks
Only on the port 37 error. I had that error for about a year on three Roamio, one Premiere and four Mini boxes. Two weeks ago, about the time Hydra was released, the error went away for all my TiVo boxes. I also have a thread on TiVo's support forum. You might want to post there or start your own thread. -> TCP PORT 37 Error | TiVo Troubleshooting | TiVo Help Forums

The TCP port is no longer used for time updates. I don't use MoCA, so I can't help with that.

Local threads -> tivo fails on TCP port 37
TCP Port 37?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Just to be sure, you've actually verified the MoCA connection doesn't work, rather than depending on the error messages? Sometimes TiVo will spit out bogus error messages that will lead you to believe the MoCA did not set up successfully, but it actually will work.

·
TDL shepherd
17,390 Posts
One suggestion would be a full power reset: power everything down for a few minutes, making sure all TiVos, MoCA and network gear is off; then bring things back up, in order: modem & router, switches, MoCA bridge device, then the rest.

Power resets like this have been seen to remedy odd MoCA hang-ups in the past.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies...

I am at work and will do the power down cycle across all devices including the mini's. I will bring up the cable modem then the Roamio with no mini's plugged in and hopefully see a different result.

I will get the software version identified and posted as well.

All mini's are not able to connect because Moca not up.

I suspect I can't get back to this until 7PM central...will post progress

Thanks again

Les

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well...the power cycle advice is the...wait for it...WINNER!!!!

The TCP port 37 error persists but is a red herring

First the cable modem then the Roamio came up but the MoCA link was down(per the network status). The link came up, nearest I can tell, when I plugged the first Mini in and the Mini presented itself. Magically, the link established and all is good.

Eight Mini's back to happy and working.

What a cluster that was...OJT of the worst kind.

Thanks for the advice krkaufman.

Les

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.