TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cat God
17,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did something on this forum change a couple of weeks ago?

Tapatalk used to shows Twitter links as embedded Tweets and it still does for posts older than about a couple of weeks ago. Any newer posts just shows something a link.

The actual forum uses a media tag, but the link that the web site uses and the link that Tapatalk shows are a different format.

For example I’m going to post a Twitter share link here:

Here’s what the website converts that to:

i/web/status

Font Screenshot Technology Rectangle Multimedia

Here’s what Tapatalk shows:

m/status

Sky Font Electric blue Darkness Circle

·
Administrator
8,039 Posts
I don’t know about Tapatalk, but I see three embedded tweets.

·
Administrator
67 Posts
I am not aware of any changes on our end that would impact the way posts appear from Tapatalk. However, considering Tapatalk is a third-party service, they could have easily changed something on their end. I would recommend reaching out to their support and see if they changed anything on their end.

Daniel

·
Cat God
17,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not aware of any changes on our end that would impact the way posts appear from Tapatalk. However, considering Tapatalk is a third-party service, they could have easily changed something on their end. I would recommend reaching out to their support and see if they changed anything on their end.

Daniel
I did, but once again they seem confused (similar to the issue with old threads resurfacing with Xenforo software which started 2 months ago). I feel like they have no development team and it’s a single guy or something.

·
Administrator
67 Posts
I did, but once again they seem confused (similar to the issue with old threads resurfacing with Xenforo software which started 2 months ago). I feel like they have no development team and it’s a single guy or something.
Well, this is also why we have been working on our own app (still early in development) and have made efforts to improve the mobile browser experience. Tapatalk is still a very useful app, but we are putting in an effort to make the forum work seamlessly regardless of how you choose to visit the page.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful at the moment, maybe after the Thanksgiving holiday, when more of the staff are around, we can dive into it deeper and see if there was anything done on the developers side of things.

Daniel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts