TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm quite enjoying Swivel Search on my S2 and S3.

I have an idea to improve it. While looking at the actors in a TV show, for instance, I'd like to be able to click on the actor and add him/her to my Wishlist. Or, when looking at shows that the actor is in (currently they only shows Amazon's Unbox shows/movies), I'd like to be able to click on the show and add that show to my wishlist so that the next time it airs on cable, my TiVo automatically records it.

I hope that the purpose of Swivel is not soley to be used as a funnel for Unbox purchases (especially since I'm a Canadian and TiVo doesn't provide Unbox to us second class TiVo users :) ) but also to enhance the basic TiVo functionality.

Also, I find it "curious" that Swivel works when looking at a show description when its in "Now Playing" but it does NOT work (or is not an option) when looking at the details of an upcoming show in the To Do list, in the unrecorded TiVo Suggestions or when otherwise looking at the details of individual programs found through the "Find Programs" menu. It would be nice if Swivel was available when looking at upcoming programming data as well as within each program in Now Playing.

Thanks for the Swivel TiVo! So far I'm very happy with it.

...Dale

· Registered
765 Posts
Dajad said:
I'm quite enjoying Swivel Search on my S2 and S3.

I have an idea to improve it. While looking at the actors in a TV show, for instance, I'd like to be able to click on the actor and add him/her to my Wishlist. Or, when looking at shows that the actor is in (currently they only shows Amazon's Unbox shows/movies), I'd like to be able to click on the show and add that show to my wishlist so that the next time it airs on cable, my TiVo automatically records it.

I hope that the purpose of Swivel is not soley to be used as a funnel for Unbox purchases (especially since I'm a Canadian and TiVo doesn't provide Unbox to us second class TiVo users :) ) but also to enhance the basic TiVo functionality.

Also, I find it "curious" that Swivel works when looking at a show description when its in "Now Playing" but it does NOT work (or is not an option) when looking at the details of an upcoming show in the To Do list, in the unrecorded TiVo Suggestions or when otherwise looking at the details of individual programs found through the "Find Programs" menu. It would be nice if Swivel was available when looking at upcoming programming data as well as within each program in Now Playing.

Thanks for the Swivel TiVo! So far I'm very happy with it.

...Dale
These are all things that are in consideration. The only reason they're not available today...we can't build everything at once. Rome. Day. Wasn't.

Some things are easier to build than others as well. So prioritization is always a combination of how great it would be to have & how difficult it is to implement.

Thanks for the feedback though, glad to know you're enjoying it. :)

Pony

· Registered
267 Posts
TiVoPony said:
These are all things that are in consideration. The only reason they're not available today...we can't build everything at once. Rome. Day. Wasn't.

Some things are easier to build than others as well. So prioritization is always a combination of how great it would be to have & how difficult it is to implement.

Thanks for the feedback though, glad to know you're enjoying it. :)

Pony
So you're saying it is possible that Swivel Search may eventually provide "total consciousness," but we're more likely to see some additional basic features prior to that iteration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.