TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, folks, haven't seen this particular question addressed.

I have a Samsung SIR-S4120R, and like it very much. I am, however, very interested in trying out the new R15, since it has a couple of features that I'm interested in.

Here's my question. If I get an R15 and activate it in place of my DTiVo, can I switch back without penalty if I hate it? I'm not necessarily concerned about actually returning the unit to where I bought it, I just want to make sure that I can go back to the DTiVo if I need to.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
Other then the contract being renewed for 2 years... you can flip back.

I would wait a few weeks and monitor www.dbstalk.com; for when the next software version is released... the next release is targetted to address some of the higher profile/critical issues the unit is having right now.

·
Smiley Averse
1,153 Posts
I did this, more or less, bought an R15 at BB, installed it, was less than impressed, found an sd-dvr40 on the shelf at another store and swapped it in. Best Buy has a 30 day return policy so the R15 went back.

BTW, the deal breaker was the lack of 30 sec skip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.