TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Swapping tuners with enter key and pausing...

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Chuck_IV 
#1 ·
Lately when I use the Enter key to swap between two tuners, TiVo insists on pausing the one I am swapping from. So when I swap back, I am no longer on live TV but at the point I left.

Is this intended functionality? I see it on all 3 of my TiVo’s. If it is, is there a way to turn it OFF?

To me, it is extremely annoying since many times I don’t realize I am not at the live version of the program. It is REALLY frustrating my wife as she’s not a fan of pausing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Lately when I use the Enter key to swap between two tuners, TiVo insists on pausing the one I am swapping from. So when I swap back, I am no longer on live TV but at the point I left.
There have been a few threads about this in the last two weeks. I occasionally see the problem too.

Some report the problem is gone after watching a recording. I reboot the TiVo, that also brings back normal functionality.

#5 ·
A reboot sometimes fixes it but it is frustrating. Sometimes it’s just the enter key swap, on my other TiVo, sometimes it all the tuners and as mentioned, I have to do a reboot to clear it... maybe.

I will look at my version tonight(not home right now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.