TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I'd be surprised if the cost of the cameras was the only reason, or even the main reason. There are only a few shows remaining on network prime-time TV that aren't in HD, and I'd think Survivor would have plenty of money in their budget since they save so much money on their cast. Granted, they do seem to use more cameras than scripted shows (maybe?) and/or they have a higher profit margin and don't want to give that up, so it could be part of it. The Apprentice still isn't in HD either, right? And they don't have the jungle issue. I think another big reason might be that without makeup, showers, razors and other personal grooming items, we wouldn't want to see those people in HD, especially after a month without that stuff.

In any case, if they ever do switch to HD, I think they'd hype it in the promos.

·
Registered Smart Ass
590 Posts
I can't wait to see how the Exile Island twist works. Are you sent to exile instead of being voted off? Prior to being voted off? Do they vote for two in tribal council, one out and one exiled?

Hopefully it is not a let down.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I doubt the lack of HD has anything at all to do with camera prices. I think it has everything to do with the sheer quantity of footage that need to be edited down to what is shown. The costs of storing and editing the HD content would pe prohibitive. Of course, the sheer number of cameras needed would also be a driver, but the time, effort, and storage of mass piles of footage is why we've yet to see reality TV really break thru with HD.

·
flutieman07
4 Posts
rrrobinsonjr said:
If your team loses the reward challenge, they have to select a tribe member to go to 'Exile Island'.

That is rich with new possibilities!
I'm waiting for the first time they bust it out at Tribal council after the votes are read....people will be going crazy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.