TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
TCF Bookie
9,815 Posts
Anubys said:
not much in the eye-candy department...

also, spoiler-beware...the article shows who is in each tribe...
There's a couple hotties, Ashley Massaro from the WWE is on one tribe. She was hot enough for Playboy, so she's probably hot enough for this show.
Amanda Kimmel also looks like a cutie, her bio says she's a beauty pageant winner.

·
Registered Smart Ass
590 Posts
YES! Survivor is almost here! I know it isn't the ratings bonanza staple it once was, but I really enjoy this show and the mind games they play on the contestants. Fun, fun, fun.

·
Fat, Dumb and Happy
3,796 Posts
Anubys said:
not much in the eye-candy department...

also, spoiler-beware...the article shows who is in each tribe...
There were a few hotties in there. Really looking forward to it. Wife and I have enjoyed each season, with the last season being the best in a long time.

Hell, you know the good reward challenges, the ones where you get to visit a village are going to have good food.

·
All About Footwork
29,791 Posts
Sirius Black said:
I thought Survivor contestants were supposed to be "regular people" not employees (former or otherwise) of WWE or former beauty contest winners.
didn't that ugly girl (Jenna, I think) who won a few seasons ago (and left the all-stars show because he mom was dying) also win some beauty contest?

winning a beauty contest may just mean "slept with the judge"

not that there's anything wrong with that :p

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,004 Posts
Sirius Black said:
I thought Survivor contestants were supposed to be "regular people" not employees (former or otherwise) of WWE or former beauty contest winners.
Since when? Many of the past contestants were out-of-work actors and other people with showbiz pasts. What's wrong with a few "people of note" to increase the publicity for the new season?

·
Blasphemer: Uses DVR
759 Posts
I think that they've actually had someone with a somewhat well known past every year since Gary Hogeboom.

While I'm sure Ashley is in great shape in comparison to the average beauty queen type woman because of her career, she's more "Diva" than "Wrestler". She was also in Playboy, btw.

EDIT: And Jean-Robert Bellande is going to be on, too?!?! I'd argue more people know who he is than Ashley (I happen to be in the weird convergence that knows both).

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,004 Posts
jpwoof said:
sorry.. that was a stupid question :) are they doing this on an island somewhere?
No, it's somewhere in mainland China.

Survivor has never really been about the ability to "survive" in the specific location, but more about the ability to survive based on the rules of the game. They could set Survivor in Times Square if they wanted to. It would still be all about the rules of the game, not the location.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.