TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Well-Known Raconteur
19,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Spoilers starting to appear everywhere, had to watch!

Quite an episode. When Noelle won that challenge, it got dusty in the room. Amazing, moving, inspiring.

So of course they had to vote her out. I hated to see it, but also get it.

Lots of schemers this season. Seems like everyone is playing two or three alliances. I've come to like Gabler. At first, he was annoying as hell, but he's playing a solid game now.

·
Mostly lurking
1,921 Posts
I was also sad to see Noelle voted out. Her immunity reward challenge win was just incredible.

With the edit that gave Gabler, I was starting to wonder if he was going to be voted out.

(Edited to fix my immunity vs reward mistake. Thanks @DVR_Dave )

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Go Noelle! Oops. Bye Noelle!

Ah, well. Had to be, especially after that challenge. Was anyone watching the show not rooting for her? She had everyone's good will. I'd rather be sitting next to Boston Rob and Parvati than Noelle in a Final Tribal.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,833 Posts
With the opening talk from Jesse, started to think he might get blindsided
This is exactly what I thought. Production has been doing that a lot this season, telegraphing someone going home like that. But, given what happened, it didn't make sense to telegraph this week. I totally get why they sent Noelle home. If she made it to the finals, she wins.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,833 Posts
Lots of schemers this season. Seems like everyone is playing two or three alliances. I've come to like Gabler. At first, he was annoying as hell, but he's playing a solid game now.
This is how the game has evolved. There's no longer a major alliance, but the alliance of the week. Whatever helps your game that week, you do it. The three original tribes mean little. I'm of the opinion that THAT ship has sailed as well, and it would be fun to see a whole season with no tribes, and every challenge is for individual immunity. That could make some interesting dynamics.

I bring up how Survivor has evolved every Big Brother season, where in Big Brother, there are usually at least TWO major alliances that last for weeks. And it gets boring watching "the other side" get voted out week after week. Because of the new dynamic in Survivor (well newish, it's been like this for at least the last 10 seasons), it's much more unpredictable (well unless production decides to telegraph who's going home).

·
Librocubicularist
23,314 Posts
I normally don't get spoiled early, but Noelle is from my area, and I went to the local news site to see if there was more info about a car crash that killed the daughter of someone I know on Thanksgiving morning, and there was a big homepage picture of her. I quickly closed the page without reading the headline, but I was pretty sure until I started watching that she was the one going home. Then partway through I was thinking well, maybe it could have been an article about her amazing comeback in the challenge and managing to stay in the game, but was still pretty sure it was going to be her voted out. :)

·
Palindromer
19,694 Posts
It got spoiled to me as well…

After her reward win, I started googling her to find out more about her inspiring backstory, only to see the headline that shef finished in the top 8…. And as much as I quickly closed the browser, I knew I could not unsee it! Ugh…

Loved her on the show and wish she got further…. I’m a fan!

·
Brr. It's Chile here
7,667 Posts
This is how the game has evolved. There's no longer a major alliance, but the alliance of the week. Whatever helps your game that week, you do it. The three original tribes mean little. I'm of the opinion that THAT ship has sailed as well, and it would be fun to see a whole season with no tribes, and every challenge is for individual immunity. That could make some interesting dynamics.

I bring up how Survivor has evolved every Big Brother season, where in Big Brother, there are usually at least TWO major alliances that last for weeks. And it gets boring watching "the other side" get voted out week after week. Because of the new dynamic in Survivor (well newish, it's been like this for at least the last 10 seasons), it's much more unpredictable (well unless production decides to telegraph who's going home).
Survivor’s evolution is definitely interesting. I’ve recently been watching old seasons, starting with season 14. Right now I’m on season 20 which is the first season with Russell Hantz. I think the biggest changes to the game began in reaction to his gameplay.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
62,833 Posts
Survivor’s evolution is definitely interesting. I’ve recently been watching old seasons, starting with season 14. Right now I’m on season 20 which is the first season with Russell Hantz. I think the biggest changes to the game began in reaction to his gameplay.
To me, the biggest change (and it's going back awhile) was the introduction of the hidden immunity idol. It completely changed the way the game is played both from the person holding the idol to the rest of them trying to figure out who A) has the idol and B) will play the idol. So it lead to all kinds of blindsides. Hantz changed it further by actively searching for the idol before Jeff "introduced" it's existence for the season. Nobody really did that before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts