TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another interesting group of people. Tribes: Vesi, Baka, Coco.

Voting off Morriah was the best move. Somewhat risky for the females, giving up the numerical advantage, but they need strength to win challenges, or it won't matter who they vote off, one by one. Plus her "we actually won" nonsense didn't help her case, while everyone else is acknowledging the reality of being at Tribal.

·
Premium Member
10,265 Posts
So this is a bit of a tangential stupid question, but after 43 seasons....

Did they used to (a long time ago), call out team progress during challenges by color, instead of by tribe name? I ask because something about these challenges, and something about the tribe names, made it a little harder than (I swear) in the past to keep track of who Jeff was calling out during the challenges as they progressed.

Maybe I'm just getting old (hay, it's been 43 seasons, we're all getting old) or not paying attention to the teams as much, but I swear it used to be easier....

·
Thrice as nice
10,914 Posts
I enjoyed it. I agree she was a nice person and character but they probably make the right move getting rid of her.

Since they kept the individual adventures, I liked how they changed it so all 3 of them knew who risked their vote and who did not. Makes things a little more interesting than just making the decision in private and never seeing the results.

Did they used to (a long time ago), call out team progress during challenges by color, instead of by tribe name?
I think Jeff has always used the tribe names.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
No villains to boo and hiss at, at least not yet. A mostly tepid cast, imo. Over the next few eps we'll see who actually stands out as, you know, interesting.

Best line of the night: "Put your pants on."

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,847 Posts
So this is a bit of a tangential stupid question, but after 43 seasons....

Did they used to (a long time ago), call out team progress during challenges by color, instead of by tribe name? I ask because something about these challenges, and something about the tribe names, made it a little harder than (I swear) in the past to keep track of who Jeff was calling out during the challenges as they progressed.

Maybe I'm just getting old (hay, it's been 43 seasons, we're all getting old) or not paying attention to the teams as much, but I swear it used to be easier....
Jeff has sometimes used colors, sometimes used tribe names. I think he mostly used colors after the merge when they'd split up teams for certain challenges.

I thought this was a really good start. Good diverse group of people, no crazy gimmicks that just left things to chance. Even the take the person to the island has some strategy to it. The challenges were good, but still, we really need something new. Most of the recent seasons have been rehashes of old challenges or combinations of the type of challenges that we've seen dozens of times. I guess there's only so much new stuff you can do on a challenge. I thought the challenge which ended in them choosing the right game to play was a good and interesting one.

On to next week.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Best line of the night: "Put your pants on."
I thought they were going to have to get a crane to lift him up that ramp. I can't recall having so many fat large huge portly weight challenged people on Survivor before.

·
jay_man-also
13,060 Posts
Nice to see the diversity getting broadened to include the guy born with cerebral palsy and the woman amputee.

Having been born with mild CP myself and facing life’s challenges I’m rooting for him. Now I just need to learn his name and remember it!

·
CreativelyChallenged
2,608 Posts
Loved getting to know the new cast! I was confused how voting out Morriah was "keeping the strong people" when the other woman on the tribe was the one who had a really hard time digging under the log and Morriah killed the balance beam crossing. Did I miss something else in the episode? (entirely possible)

·
wait.. I did what?
15,143 Posts
Pretty soon there will be enough overweight people to unite in a "cookout" alliance and vote out all the skinny people. :)
I know it's got a smiley, but it's not really that funny, you're picking on a group only by looks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts