TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· randomize
5,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Sham just burned the bridge with the other woman in her tribe. I don't agree with the decision either. Keep Brad, who has shown loyalty, and you will likely know how and when he plays those advantages. Plus, you would then have the advantage that JD gave you. I'm assuming she could use it because it was given to her.

Also interesting, I wonder what happens to the idol/clue thing that Brad found. Is it rehidden back at camp. Will be interesting to see how Xander reacts when he sees that Brad was voted out.

Also, pretty dumb of Xander to say his phrase again. There was no need unless the blue team said their phrase. Although he did work it in very smoothly.

· Palindromer
20,125 Posts
Great season so far... I am not sure I love all the twists and turns though...seems like the producers are trying too hard to introduce too many twists and turns in my opinion... But that's fine, I am having fun as a viewer nonetheless...

I agree that Xander should have stood-down and waited for the third tribe to use the phrase... That said, I thought it was creative how he was able to use the phrase a 2nd time without seemingly drawing any attention that anything fishy was going on... But he should have saved that for when he heard the 3rd phrase...

I feel bad for Brad... He seems awkward, but also seems like a solid guy... I also like JD, so in some respects I am glad he stayed... He is playing a little too hard on the social side, which comes off as disingenuous... He needs to be careful... But I truly believe that Survivor has built him up... His speech at tribal was pretty convincing...and as such, I would love to have him get a longer "survivor experience"...

I am pretty shocked that Tiffany was able to get across that rope challenge... I thought for sure she was going to be the first (and only person) to drop...

· tabasco rules
16,716 Posts
Great season so far... I am not sure I love all the twists and turns though...seems like the producers are trying too hard to introduce too many twists and turns in my opinion... But that's fine, I am having fun as a viewer nonetheless...
agreed, it's helped eliminate the boredom before the merge.
I feel bad for Brad... He seems awkward, but also seems like a solid guy... I also like JR, so in some respects I am glad he stayed... He is playing a little too hard on the social side, which comes off as disingenuous... He needs to be careful... But I truly believe that Survivor has built him up... His speech at tribal was pretty convincing...and as such, I would love to have him get a longer "survivor experience"...
i agree, and they're both playing fast and hard, wildly, with little long-term focus or direction - i'm sure jr will be short in the game because of it, unless he re-groups.
I am pretty shocked that Tiffany was able to get across that rope challenge... I thought for sure she was going to be the first (and only person) to drop...
fear of being voted off following a second massive challenge failure is strong motivation. :D

Reactions: Martha

· Thrice as nice
9,241 Posts
I thought it was fun that both guys who said the secret phrase were last to go on their tribe so they could secretly talk at the challenge. "I liked what you said about broccoli" :D

Watching this season play out, I can definitely this theme being much more fun than their original one. Just coming up with ideas and going with whatever sounds more fun is a great way to go. I like the fun and danger mixed together.

· Registered
2,657 Posts
Ok, so when JD Xander says the "butterflies" line for the 3rd time next week, somebody's gotta get suspicious.

As soon as I saw the challenge involved crossing a rope bridge, which looked pretty hard, I thought, "Yeah, great idea keeping Tiffany." But damn if she didn't nail it, and then landed one of the bags besides. Good for her.

This ep had one of those perfect Survivor moments that I just love: Brad tells Shantel about the idol and in the voice-over she says "So Brad trusts me completely because you only share that kind of information with your number one." Then he tells her about the advantage he also has, she gets all excited and hugs him, then in the next breath in the interview she says "I have to figure out what I'm gonna do. Do I keep Brad in the game because he's got all that power..."

· He's here, he's there...he's everywhere!
64,342 Posts
I think it's a pretty good season so far, but also confused by the various secret rewards in play at one time. But I agree, it's made things a bit more interesting early on and adds some new strategies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.