TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Save the Moderatоr
Joined
·
34,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there is indeed something more than just a bunch of unrelated stories every week going on. That's a relief. It was becoming difficult to believe the show could survive long as just a bunch of random exorcisms.
 

·
Wild Hair
Joined
·
5,095 Posts
I thought this one was weak. The ending I mean. They ran out of the trees to get away from the "god" and then came back the next day to burn the tree. Don't get me wrong that seems like the best way to do it but for TV its kidna boring. I know they can't battle every monster hand to hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,289 Posts
good ep....and i like the fact that they ran away.......dont need a buffy fight everytime theres a monster.....

whoelse called it that the girl hitchhiker was up to no good?

and maybe its just me but is the father dead? i forgot about the last episode, i think it was the one with the medium and the father actually made an appearence, but for some reason i think he's dead...did they give any reason to believe that?

always like those freaky scarecrows....and next ep looks great
 

·
well rounded
Joined
·
2,531 Posts
dswallow said:
So there is indeed something more than just a bunch of unrelated stories every week going on. That's a relief. It was becoming difficult to believe the show could survive long as just a bunch of random exorcisms.
There has always been an arc to this show, the search for their dad, who's on a hunt for the demon that killed his wife and Sam's girlfriend. Every episode has made some reference to that, either them trying to trace their Dad or decipher one of his messages. Sometimes the being they're fighting knows something about it, and tries to use that knowledge to against them.
Test said:
good ep....and i like the fact that they ran away.......dont need a buffy fight everytime theres a monster.....

whoelse called it that the girl hitchhiker was up to no good?

and maybe its just me but is the father dead? i forgot about the last episode, i think it was the one with the medium and the father actually made an appearence, but for some reason i think he's dead...did they give any reason to believe that?

always like those freaky scarecrows....and next ep looks great
Just you. Father's not dead, just on a mission.

My theory has always been the father has been hunting demons for a long tome, before the brothers were born. It would explain both the depth of the knowledge in his book, and the necessary skills the brothers learned from him.
 

·
Not enough room
Joined
·
4,099 Posts
I liked the episode. The scarecrow was creepy and I thought this was a suspenseful ep.

I thought the girl hitchhiker was going to be involved somehow. But it seems when a show introduces an antagonist the show doesn't last very long. Joan of Arcadia and Tru Calling come to mind.

J
 

·
Save the Moderatоr
Joined
·
34,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jwjody said:
But it seems when a show introduces an antagonist the show doesn't last very long. Joan of Arcadia and Tru Calling come to mind.
The difference being both of those shows introduced the antagonist for the second season, where it seemed to bring the show in a compeltely new direction than it had been going originally.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top