TiVo Community Forum banner

Supergirl "Event Horizon" 10/8/2019 *spoilers*

1235 Views 19 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Rob Helmerichs
I'm not sure I'm going to make it through this season. I've never particularly liked Lena and it looks like this season is going to revolve around her being angry about Kara's "betrayal". I'm tired of the tv trope of withholding information or lying because "I was trying to protect you". Lena's reaction seems childish to me. Plus, her bright red lipstick on her tiny mouth and paper white skin weirds me out a little.

I definitely don't like the new owner of Catco. The whole scenario of her taking over the company and making herself editor in chief is ridiculous.

Melissa Benoist looks really good, though.
Reactions: 4
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
I was hoping this season they'd move past the preachiness that so badly marred last season.

No such luck, I guess...

And yes, Lena is awfully whiny and pouty to be a Big Bad.

I do like the new costume! Although it certainly took forever to "appear"; I'm guessing they'll speed that up now that we've seen it work.
Reactions: 1
I do like the new costume! Although it certainly took forever to "appear"; I'm guessing they'll speed that up now that we've seen it work.
and I loved her cheerful proclamation of "PANTS!" all she needs to make it perfect is pockets...
I definitely don't like the new owner of Catco. The whole scenario of her taking over the company and making herself editor in chief is ridiculous.

Melissa Benoist looks really good, though.
I missed the first 15 minutes as my season pass didn't pick it up. I kept getting distracted by the scar on the new owner's brow.

I thought Lex was a great addition last year. I'd rather have more Lex than Lena.
I missed the first 15 minutes as my season pass didn't pick it up. I kept getting distracted by the scar on the new owner's brow.
So Melissa Benoist's smallpox scar doesn't distract you?
At least that's what I assumed the scar is since I have several friends over the years that have similar ones :)
I can't remember that far back - who created Kara's original Supergirl costume?
At least that's what I assumed the scar is since I have several friends over the years that have similar ones :)
Benoist's has always bothered me not for itself, but because it makes her even more recognizable than she already is. Gonzalo's is a lot more noticeable, though.
Smallpox vaccine scar? No one under 50 has one. And it's always on their arm. It'd be almost impossible to find someone who was still alive, grew up in a developed country, and has scars from smallpox itself.

That scar's from trauma -- something hit her in the head. (I just Googled it -- a taxi hit her while she was riding a bike).

I have a scar on my forehead in almost the same spot. Life happens.
Apropos of nothing, really... just wondering. Is The Flash the only CW comic book superhero show with no gay characters?
Smallpox vaccine scar? No one under 50 has one. And it's always on their arm. It'd be almost impossible to find someone who was still alive, grew up in a developed country, and has scars from smallpox itself.

That scar's from trauma -- something hit her in the head. (I just Googled it -- a taxi hit her while she was riding a bike).

I have a scar on my forehead in almost the same spot. Life happens.
Argh... not smallpox, I meant chicken pox, and it's a common scar from having chicken pox and scratching which is why I suggested it and was dead wrong in the cause ;)
Apropos of nothing, really... just wondering. Is The Flash the only CW comic book superhero show with no gay characters?
The police captain has a boyfriend or husband.
The police captain has a boyfriend or husband.
Ah, forgot about him.
I can't remember that far back - who created Kara's original Supergirl costume?
Wasn't it Winn? I miss Winn.
Wasn't it Winn? I miss Winn.
Ah, forgot about him too.
and I loved her cheerful proclamation of "PANTS!" all she needs to make it perfect is pockets...
Yeah, she's gotta have somewhere to put her glasses, right?

I assume Kara, the character, has that scar on her forehead as the result of a childhood incident on Krypton. A hyper-taxi hit her while she was on her hover-bike, or something like that. Lena should ask her about it sometime.
"PANTS!" - Just because Red Daughter ruthlessly mocked her for looking like cheerleader...

Yeah, this season feels like it's going to be preachy again. I feel like I get more escapism from something like "The Rookie" than I do from the superhero shows.

I am amused that I know of the new owner from like a dozen Hallmark rom coms. (And her characters there are significantly nicer. :) )
I am amused that I know of the new owner from like a dozen Hallmark rom coms.
And she played Parker, Mac's college roommate on season 3 of Veronica Mars...
And she played Parker, Mac's college roommate on season 3 of Veronica Mars...
I knew her from the Dallas reboot.
Nicole Maines is transgender...

-smak-
Nicole Maines is transgender...

-smak-
She's on Supergirl...
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.