TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
mick66 said:
If no remote buttons are used for about 15-20 minutes, the Tivo assumes no one is watching and may change the channel w/o the warning.
I have never heard that. My understanding is a warning message is always put up by the TiVo when changing for a suggestion. My money is on they just missed the warning somehow. The OP was kind of misleading in saying the TiVo suddenly changed channels when he was not even there at the time. Dumbledore would not approve of such misleading statements ;)

·
I can't explain
25,527 Posts
mnslinky said:
We have a S2DT that *HAS* been changing channels on us, without notice, on both tuners, even without wanting to record. It acts as if it's stuck on a channel, thinking it originated there.

What I mean is that it seems as if our Tivo starts the day on, say, CourtTV. The rest of the day, it wants to keep going back to CourtTV. When we press GUIDE on the remote, CourtTV is the selected channel by default. No matter if we change the channel or not, it keeps popping back. Without warning. We always lose as much as half a show because of buffer loss. The channel changing only occurs on the hour/half-hour.

What gives?

Note, Dajad, always/never are very strong words and can sometimes make one look foolish if used too quickly and without regard.
actually to assume Dajad's DT has this same behavior could make one look foolish as well. :) I know for a fact my two DTs do not do the behavior you describe. They stay on the various channels that were last recorded but then they do have a full recording schedule and do not do many suggestions.

Now to figure out exactly what is happening on your DT...
Are you saying that you are on, for example, channel 9 and hit the guide and the channel changes to CourtTV (say channel 71) as the guide is displayed?

Are you saying that the TiVo changes channels any time other than when you display the guide?

Does this happen during shows you are specifically recording with the TiVo?

why are you not setting up a season pass for the shows you are loosing the buffer on if they are shows you want to watch?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.