TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Meh.
42,445 Posts
This is a frustrating show. A lot of it is great. A lot of it is a frustrating waste of time. I watched season 1 when it came out and immediately dropped it after Roman whacked off onto the window. I finally started rewatching during this holiday season and finished season 3 yesterday. There are some absolutely great performances here. Logan and Shiv are by far the best characters. Kendall should have been but once we learn that he's a total screwup then there's no reason to believe that any of his plot machinations will ever succeed. If I were King of Succession, I'd cut 90% of Tom's appearances. He's just a childish, cowardly, useless character. There's no way that a real world Shiv would deal with this sniveling weirdo. Cutting 90% of Tom would also cut 90% of Gregg which is a bonus since he's childish and useless filler. I'd cut 90% of Roman from season 1 and season 2. He has no purpose in those seasons other than spouting obnoxious, extraordinarily puerile quips that the writers think are funny but prove that the writers are incapable of writin comedy. Roman is the COO of a corporate giant but he does absolutely nothing work-wise in those two seasons. He's a COO with apparently no underlings reporting to him on the corporate chart. They somewhat redeemed Roman in season 3. He actually did important, executive corporate stuff in season 3. He was still obnoxious beyond all credulity and should have had his face broken about 12 times but at least he was a functional corporate being. This would be a top, top tier show for me if they would have kept it as a pure drama but they decided to add so much unfunny, useless supposedly comedic, hard to sit through aspects that it really hurt the show, in my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: Hank

·
Meh.
42,445 Posts
Wow. Very surprised at that opinion. I think Tom and Cousin Greg are two of the best parts of the show. Reducing their presence would be a horrible decision, IMO.
It's just my opinion. Tom and Greg are part of the comedic aspects of the show and I think that this show's writers completely suck at comedy. It's mostly d*ck jokes that a fifth grader could write or adults behaving in a cringe inducing manner. The writers are great at writing drama though.

Reactions: Hank
1 - 2 of 2 Posts