TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TiVO HD
Model TCD652160

Might buy this used TiVO for DVR'ing of OTA programs.

Can I get programming subscription service from TiVO? (Yes, I know it's spendy...) It's hard to Google an answer due to the (relatively) extreme old age of this model and the discussions I find (some discussions seem to say "yes" but are dated 2011, and some say no which are a bit later).

(If this isn't the appropriate forum to ask this question, just suggest a better one and I'll split.)

iX,
TiVO noob

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
TiVO HD
Model TCD652160

Might buy this used TiVO for DVR'ing of OTA programs.

Can I get programming subscription service from TiVO? (Yes, I know it's spendy...) It's hard to Google an answer due to the (relatively) extreme old age of this model and the discussions I find (some discussions seem to say "yes" but are dated 2011, and some say no which are a bit later).
You can't get a new monthly service or new lifetime service activation for an HD model (the one you list) as they just changed that policy in the last month or so. One with lifetime services will continue to work of course and the lifetime service can be transferred to your account. This change affected any S1, S2, S3 or HD model. Premiere, Roamio and the new Bolt can still be activated.

You can pick up S3 or HD models with lifetime pretty inexpensively right now on eBay, but you might want to look at a 2 tuner Premiere which will get you the newer HD interface and access to streaming services.

Scott

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks for your reply and timely info.

If I find a Premiere advertised with lifetime subscription, how do I confirm that it does, indeed, have such a valid subscription?

Thanks.

·
wait.. I did what?
14,763 Posts

If I find a Premiere advertised with lifetime subscription, how do I confirm that it does, indeed, have such a valid subscription?

Thanks.
Call Tivo and give them the TSN number on the back that the seller gave to you and they can confirm its status. The TSN is nothing special and any seller should be willing to give it so that you can verify lifetime service.

·
Registered
16,595 Posts

Thanks.
What dianebrat said.

The account status is tied to the TiVo Service Number in TiVo, Inc.'s databases.

A TiVo has whatever account status the TiVo servers tell it it has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.