TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my music, I have an audio folder and subfolders for types such as music, comedy, books on CD, etc. When I point Tivo towards the audio folder, it sees all the subfolders and I can navigate to any one of them. :up:

I tried the same thing with video. I made a video folder and subfolders for movies and various TV series we want to capture (like Jeremy Brett's "Sherlock Holmes"). I created a subfolder ("Sort") where downloaded recordings will reside until I can either place them in an appropriate folder or delete them. When I point Tivo to the video folder, it only seems files within that folder, not the subfolders. :confused:

Is there some way I can make Tivo see the Video subfolders? It seems odd that the video options don't act this way since people will naturally want to classify their recordings....

Deming

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
Use galleon to serve the video.

·
Registered
12 Posts
windracer said:
What version of TiVo Desktop are you using? I think 2.4 introduced support for sub-folders (up to two sub-folders deep, IIRC).
Well, I just upgraded to 2.4a and... no folders... I like the short-cut option, but that just makes the list longer...

I also can't get Galleon to work right... sigh, looks like I have to page down through hundreds of recordings still... you would think in this day and age...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I did figure out the new feature of 2.4, which in a simple way helps, because I can use shortcuts to link to tivo files I have in a few places(storage limitations). And, as long as I don't exceed 2 subfolders, it works fine; however, it is REAL difficult to browse through a few hundred recordings... so, that is my problem...

I installed Galleon, but it really doesn't work well... I see the local tivo files, but the subfolders just send you back to the previous folder and don't display the tivo files there. Once I am in Galleon ToGo, I have to use the TiVo button to get out, the left button doesn't work...

The shortcuts are there but don't work at all...

Maybe this was covered somewhere else, but I have been looking around for awhile and didn't see anything to answer these questions. It seems like others have gotten Galleon to work, but so far my attempt has been a bust.

Thanks !!

Edit- Doesn't matter now, I must have screwed something up because Galleon isn't showing up on the Now Playing List... damn

·
No More TiVo :-(
12,340 Posts
BreCalmor said:
I installed Galleon, but it really doesn't work well... I see the local tivo files, but the subfolders just send you back to the previous folder and don't display the tivo files there.
I haven't actually used the TTCB feature of Galleon in quite a while since I use pyTivo and TiVo.Net. It sounds like it's having the same problem as other third-party applications with the 8.3 TiVo software, which broke sub-folders.

BreCalmor said:
Once I am in Galleon ToGo, I have to use the TiVo button to get out, the left button doesn't work...
I am having no problems with the left button in the ToGo app, so I'm not sure what your problem is there (I'm running Galleon on Linux, though).

BreCalmor said:
The shortcuts are there but don't work at all...
Since Galleon is supposed to support physical subfolders, I don't think it handles shortcuts at all.

As for it disappearing from your NPL altogether, try restarting Galleon or your TiVo and see if that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts