TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned the S1 and S2 models prior to owning the S3 HD. My prior models used to make the Tivo sound effect when I fast forwarded or scrolled down through the TV guide. My S3 HD does not make that noise (however, it does do it in the Tivo Central area). Is this a new thing for the HD?

·
Lucky 200 member
536 Posts
mwwilliams10 said:
I have owned the S1 and S2 models prior to owning the S3 HD. My prior models used to make the Tivo sound effect when I fast forwarded or scrolled down through the TV guide. My S3 HD does not make that noise (however, it does do it in the Tivo Central area). Is this a new thing for the HD?
Depending on which audio connection/type you are using the tivo sounds are not always able to be put into the audio feed. Not sure on the specifics as I have my sounds completely disabled, but if you do some searching on this site, you should be able find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The TiVo S3 and HD are not capable of inserting sound into the Dolby Digital streams (which were not supported on the S1 and S2.) If you're outputing a Dolby Digital audio stream you will not be able to hear the TiVo sounds.

CCourtney

1 - 4 of 4 Posts