TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a premiere Elite last year and it worked great until a couple of weeks ago when it died all of a sudden. As I read it seemed to be the hard drive, so I got another Elite (no subscription) to replace the hard drive. I did not know to try to update the software and now it is stuck on loading info (even after trying the trick of using 00001 zip code it gets to 99% and then gives me a S02 error. I know you are supposed to replace the image with the new software image, but I do not know what that means. I bought a SATA to USB cord to start the process of connecting the hard drive, but my computer did not recognize it.

Also, is there any way to save my 318 shows from my other hard drive (ways to fix the bad portions?) I do not claim to be a computer engineer, so as simple as possible. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,335 Posts
I got a premiere Elite last year and it worked great until a couple of weeks ago when it died all of a sudden. As I read it seemed to be the hard drive, so I got another Elite (no subscription) to replace the hard drive. I did not know to try to update the software and now it is stuck on loading info (even after trying the trick of using 00001 zip code it gets to 99% and then gives me a S02 error. I know you are supposed to replace the image with the new software image, but I do not know what that means. I bought a SATA to USB cord to start the process of connecting the hard drive, but my computer did not recognize it.

Also, is there any way to save my 318 shows from my other hard drive (ways to fix the bad portions?) I do not claim to be a computer engineer, so as simple as possible. Thank you.
Image sent. Use DvrBARS to restore it.

If you can get the old drive to boot all the way up you may be able to save some of the recordings by copying them to your computer. Otherwise they're gone forever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was working on full restore on the drive from the other box when my son tripped over the cord throwing the Hard Drive out and when I reinserted it had a read error. This has been an expensive endeavor trying to save money. . . just ordered a Red plus from Amazon. How long is it supposed to take to burn the image?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts