TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been an issue for a while with people, but I think I found a random work around (sorry if someone else already posted this before).

If you turn your phone to a hot spot and have your iPad connect to your phone, you can stream from your TIVO to you iPad.

At least, I had success doing that a while back in the spring I believe- haven't tried it recently. Sorry for the delay in mentioning this, but thought the information might be helpful to someone.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had my home internet go out once, bad wire from the pole to the house, so I connected my cell phone to my computer via USB cable and enabled tethering on the phone.
I then went into the computer settings and bridged the USB connection and the Ethernet connection, which went to the router.
I then had the entire home network running using the cell phone service.
It was enough to keep everyone happy for one evening until the bad wire was replaced the next day.
I have unlimited internet on the phone, so I wasn't worried about overage charges.

·
Tivo Image Master
282 Posts
You can also do the whole thing through your firewall or router directly by using a Netgear Nighthawk MR1100. It's a cellular router. We've been using them for a while now and they're the bee's knees. Just plug your ethernet cable into it and Bob's your uncle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.