TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
We finally got caught up with all 7 episodes- our thoughts are pretty consistent with everyone else on here. I still think Season 1 is the best by far.

Season 4 is just too bloated, convoluted, and all over the place. We were completely sick of the whole Russia subplot early on, and it just dragged forever

And I have to say this- I know this is a sci-fi/horror/fantasy show and you have to suspend almost all disbelief when watching a show like this- but it is almost comical at this point how smart and brave these kids, and almost every single character in the show, is. I am almost rolling my eyes at times. We were joking last night that I don't think even the Avengers could defeat these kids in a battle- lol. But I get it- you have to suspend disbelief- but it is incredible what these kids pull off and figure out.

Will have to see how they stick the landing to completely judge the season I guess. But for me season 4 will at best be the 2nd best season (behind season 1)

I will say that I thought S4E4 may have been the very best episode of the entire series, and episode 7 was pretty great too.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
But, the ONE thing that irked me (and I didn't realize that there was a plan for another season in the works already) is that they spent the WHOLE time trying to kill the big bad monster, ALL those hours, and, in the end, he's still alive and the town is destroyed. It kind of felt that in the end the bad guy won, and EVERYTHING they did all season led to nothing in the end, Eddie, dying, Max dying (and resurrected), lots of death and destruction and we are back where we started. I was hoping, if there was another season, it could be a different storyline, but as you said, that's not what they do with this series.
Yep- I thought the same thing- that LONG, LONG season- but what really happened? All that time fighting the monster/bad guy, and in the end looks like they are still going to be facing the same bad guy, and now the town is destroyed. The only difference I guess is the upside down is now in the "real" world.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Exactly, but, knowing now there will be an S5, then I'm sorta, kinda OK with that, as long as they wrap it up then. I enjoyed the season for the most part, but it felt like a great cross country trip that you took, but in the end you wind up back home to the same old stuff.

One thing I forgot to mention. I watched this in the room that has my Dolby Atmos rig and it really sounded awesome. I thought they did a great job giving you that "theater" feel with sound all around the room, especially the scenes in the upside down. Looked really good too on my Vizio mid range LED (non-OLED).
Completely agree on the sound. Recently got a new soundbar and sub (Sonos) and this season of Stranger Things showed off the new equipment better than just about anything we have watched.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts