TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,220 Posts
Sorry most of you had such an unpleasant time... I thought it was all fun and really enjoyed watching. Sure, some lines are silly. Sure, some are disconnected. But I found each one entertaining in its own right and I'm really looking forward to the next two episodes (although, I do wish they had broken them up: it took me a few days to get the time to watch Ep 7 at 1:40... I'll probably need a whole week to plan time to watch the 2:30 Ep 9 ...)

I do agree, though, that Will is not doing much. I wonder if that will change, or not. The actor seems pretty stiff so maybe they are purposefully keeping his role reduced.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,220 Posts
  • The arrest of El was so unrealistic. I get the show is a supernatural drama but when they add a real life realistic type event like that, they need to stick to the realty of it. No way would a minor be arrested in cuffs and put into a car to be sent to a detention place without anyone ever talking to the parent. Giant eye roll.
Hey, that's the 80's for you! Those were hard times, back then.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
5,220 Posts
Noah Schnapp's acting is just ... odd. He's fantastic at showing emotions. Even in S4 he's great at it: the scene in the car where he shows Mike his painting is so impressive. But, the way he delivers lines is so stilted and unrealistic, even in that car scene; it seems like he's acting in a high school play. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

I really enjoyed the season. None of the things carped about here bothered me at all. I was happy with the Russian stuff, I thought it was fun. I didn't mind the jocks story line. I attributed Jason's freak-out and going Rambo to him seeing what Vecna did to Kaleb: witnessing something like that has got to put you on tilt, if you're not already used to it :).

I'm quite sure that if they had gone with "ran out of battery" for why Max's walkman failed people here would have been over the edge in fury about it: it's the key to keeping her alive AND Hawkins and the world from being subsumed by the upside-down and they ... let the batteries run out?!?! Of course she DID replace the batteries periodically. They just didn't show it because... why bother?

In my opinion any amount of Stranger Things (so far) is fine; I don't mind them adding some "padding" as long as it's entertaining. If I get 10 hours of entertaining content instead of 8 hours of entertaining content I call it a win.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts