TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Nerd Fashionista
Finally watched all 7. I will say this as my very few negatives so far about the season:
  • As the kids get older in real life, some of the actors lack of acting ability shows. aka Mike and Will.
  • The arrest of El was so unrealistic. I get the show is a supernatural drama but when they add a real life realistic type event like that, they need to stick to the realty of it. No way would a minor be arrested in cuffs and put into a car to be sent to a detention place without anyone ever talking to the parent. Giant eye roll.
  • My friend kept saying this was the best season to date. I greatly disagree but I am enjoying it mostly. I just need them to all get back together. Trying to follow so many separate storylines is annoying. Not confusing, just annoying.
Otherwise, loving it!! Max really has the acting chops for someone I only remembered as being the annoying girl and sister to Billy. And my poor Jaqen. Just trynna get a little cash and help out the American and they all get forked over! The payoff for all that was Joyce being the one that saved him. Question: Why do I not remember the demogorgon being all white? I thought they were more dirt/earth looking. Or maybe he just cold in Russia as well. ;)

I'm also trying to decide who I think will live to the end. No way the entire cast does. I really think it's gotta be either Steve or Jonathon. Especially since we have that Steve and Nancy twew lurv out of nowhere again. It's probably going to be him. I really thought he was a goner when the hell bats were attacking him. I was like "oh so this is how he's going to go, not cool" but no. Anyone else have thoughts on it?

Nerd Fashionista
I've yet to watch a perfect movie or show. I could find flaws in anything and everything. The writers will invariably make a choice I wouldn't. That doesn't mean I'm right or they are.
The only show I can say has been perfect for me was Breaking Bad. I don't remember having a single complaint about the show from start to end.

Nerd Fashionista
Of course you picked the one show that the consensus seemed to love, but I didn't and I found plenty of flaws. But like I said, that doesn't mean I'm right or they are (and I'm expecting about 5 of you to say THEY are :) ). But that's my point, not everyone likes everything or agree with the artistic choices made. While writers may write with their audience in mind, that doesn't mean that every choice is going to please everyone. That's impossible.
I did not realize you were one of the few that didn't find BB perfection. You're right, tastes vary and that's why there are so many shows out there. Back to Stranger Things, I do have a few comments about the season that sound like complaints, well ARE complaints but not indicative to my overall feelings on the season as a whole. I found the use of tropes to be far higher in the season than previous.
  • Oh the new characters are the only ones to really die. (max doesn't count since she's now alive)
  • Oh look the bad guy is shot out the window and is gone when they go to look out.
  • The helicopter appears at just the exact moment to fly them out of the prison after just barely killing all the Demogorgons!
  • Doesn't matter how gross and how long since a shower/teeth brushing it's been, let's have sex right here in some random location. lol
  • The will they, won't they with Steve and Nancy just for her to stay with Jonathon in the end.
  • Oh look, the girl Robin has been crushing on is doing the same volunteer work as she is and just so happens to have just broken up with her beau
Anyhow, seriously though, I did like the season a ton. I'm really excited to see where they take it for the final round next year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts