TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I watched the first 2 eps and started reading this thread, then realized that apparently most of the eps dropped on a single day so I had to stop reading. But I agree with some of the early comments in the thread. There is hardly a quiet or reflective moment in either episode, it's bang bang bang full-steam-ahead the whole time. It was exhausting to watch. The Duffer brothers have no sense of rhythm, you need some valleys for the peaks to pay off. And they've directed their mostly young cast in the same way, every character seems to be coked up and rarin' to go.

And does every movie and show that takes place in high school now have to trot out the same old tropes - the cliques with the nerds, the jocks, the beautiful snobby girls. The scene where pretty much the entire school surrounds El and is laughing and taunting her was ridiculous, people don't behave like that en masse. It was also very unpleasant to watch.

The deaths are pretty cool, yeah, but even those, with the bones crunching and limbs contorted, has been done countless times in Asian horror films.

I'll continue watching, it's entertaining enough, but after reading some rave reviews that this was the best season since the first, which was indeed awesome, so far I'm disappointed.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I'm now through ep 6 and this has gotten really good. Started weak, imo, but about ep 3 gained steam and then just got better and better. I like all the switching between the multiple storylines.

Clever to cast Robert Englund as Creel, especially since the killings seem to be modeled somewhat on Nightmare on Elm Street.

Lots of silly fun. Thoroughly enjoying it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts