TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about 80% decided to dump my cable company .

Unfortunately they are the only game in town other then satellite.

I have just had it with their pricing, poor quality, and a real FU customer service approach.

There is no over the air where I live.

For internet I have a number of choices. Including fiber optic though my power company.

I have a number of TIVO units with lifetime subscriptions. No complaints on the units.

Don't like how the Tivo app (android) just keeps getting made more useless!
So if I dump cable.. I have to dump Tivo.

Looking for a streaming service that gives me all the major over the air networks and other choices like TNT, A&E, FX, AMC, and a few others.

I want to be able to set up an online DVR with the equal of season passes.

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Looking for a streaming service that gives me all the major over the air networks and other choices like TNT, A&E, FX, AMC, and a few others. I want to be able to set up an online DVR with the equal of season passes. Any recommendations? Thank you.
Your choices are pretty much Youtube TV, DirectTV Stream, Hulu Live TV and Sling TV. You would have to assess them based on the channels they offer. There is a site where you can put in your station preferences and it will give you the best choice, Suppose... you could design your perfect TV service

That said, this forum is really for the product from TiVo called TiVo stream. They kind of confuse things with their naming. A good thread that covers most options here is Anyone tried Youtube Tv and can compare it to Tivo?

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Fubo and Philo are also popular but may not have the channel selection you want. You'll just have to look at the lineup for each. I think Youtube TV lacks A&E networks. DirecTV Stream likely has all your channels, but is by far the most expensive, essentially the same price as cable/satellite. Obviously none are compatible with Tivo.

·
Pro Troll Magnet
16,753 Posts
We went with YouTube TV and, while not perfect, it does the job!

We have the Disney package with Hulu, so I looked at their live TV offering and, although I couldn't tell you which ones without looking at the lineup, there were some major channels missing. I want to say it was the Turner channels (TBS, TNT, etc.), but without checking, I couldn't be certain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts