TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
We watched the finale last night and enjoyed it. It was great to see Kirstin and Jeevan reconnect, I just wish we'd seen more of them together. I'm also disappointed that we didn't get to see the symphony's reaction to Sarah's death.

My GF and I looked at each other after it ended and said that's it, that's the end? I wish they'd sent less time on the actual play, but I understand it was the only way to get Tyler to talk with His mom and Clark. Kirstin giving up her copy of the book was a surprise.

Now I need to read the book.

·
Nice to see you
11,914 Posts
I was disappointed that one of my favorite scenes from the book didn't make it into the final episode, but I still enjoyed the series overall.

Clark brings Kirsten up to the airport control tower to show her that a town in the distance has electric lights working on their main street.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I was disappointed that one of my favorite scenes from the book didn't make it into the final episode, but I still enjoyed the series overall.

Clark brings Kirsten up to the airport control tower to show her that a town in the distance has electric lights working on their main street.
That is one of the more memorable parts of the book for me as well. But I'm not sure how well it would work in the show since the airport itself, as well as the birthing hospital, both had electricity. In the book, it seemed the Traveling Symphony did not encounter anyone with power until she was shown the lights. Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.

·
Premium Member
11,304 Posts
I enjoyed it immensely.
It was sweet to see reunion and reconciliation after so much loss. I hoped Miranda would make it but wondered how she’d survive taped up in the hotel room with no supplies. Her talk with the pilot saved those folks in the airport.

My niece missed Ep 9 and was watching E10 with me (we live in different cities). It didn’t appear to matter as E9 seemed stand-alone. As soon as I heard about the doctor coming to the airport, I told her to stop E10 and watch E9.

·
Boosted
27,056 Posts
We just started this tonight and I got 1/2 way through ep3 and fell asleep. Very slow! But my wife loved the book and knows the author.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts