TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
RPSLS Champion
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve only seen the first episode and part of the second. Interesting premise, and I like the show so far.

But the reason I’m posting this thread is - I had a huge sense of deja vu while watching the first episode. I swear I had seen it before but maybe slightly different? Does anyone know if they like released the pilot about a year ago? I tried googling but I’m not finding anything. If it wasn’t that, I feel like it may have been a Twilight Zone or Black Mirror episode with a VERY similar premise? Specifically the part about an actor getting sick on stage and it being the start of a pandemic. And if not a TV episode maybe I just read the first part of the book? But I remember specific scenes that were slightly different (like I remember the store they shopped at was smaller). It’s seriously driving me crazy and while I haven’t posted here in a while, you TV nerds were the first people I thought of who might know.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,761 Posts
I was less than impressed. For a first episode, it didn't do its job, which is to grab me, and make me want to stick around. Very slow pacing, more like plodding. It doesn't help that one of the leads, Jeevan, is mostly incommunicado, and prone to panic attacks where (among other things) he clams up. I remember him from Yesterday (the Beatles film), and he was amazing. So I guess it's written that way.

I'll watch one more. Hopefully, it comes alive.

·
Craps Player
4,352 Posts
Watched the first 3 and I doubt I’ll continue.

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,435 Posts
I read the book and they made a LOT of changes. I will keep watching, but will grumble about the changes...I highly recommend the book!

·
UHDTV Snob
13,390 Posts
I was less than impressed. For a first episode, it didn't do its job, which is to grab me, and make me want to stick around. Very slow pacing, more like plodding. It doesn't help that one of the leads, Jeevan, is mostly incommunicado, and prone to panic attacks where (among other things) he clams up. I remember him from Yesterday (the Beatles film), and he was amazing. So I guess it's written that way.

I'll watch one more. Hopefully, it comes alive.
I actually liked the 1st episode. But the 2nd was meh and weird...I'm out...

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've only seen the first episode and part of the second. Interesting premise, and I like the show so far.

But the reason I'm posting this thread is - I had a huge sense of deja vu while watching the first episode. I swear I had seen it before but maybe slightly different? Does anyone know if they like released the pilot about a year ago? I tried googling but I'm not finding anything. If it wasn't that, I feel like it may have been a Twilight Zone or Black Mirror episode with a VERY similar premise? Specifically the part about an actor getting sick on stage and it being the start of a pandemic. And if not a TV episode maybe I just read the first part of the book? But I remember specific scenes that were slightly different (like I remember the store they shopped at was smaller). It's seriously driving me crazy and while I haven't posted here in a while, you TV nerds were the first people I thought of who might know.
I thought it was kind of a similar start to Y: The Last Man although I don't remember a theater scene in that one.

·
Nice to see you
11,913 Posts
With David Cross in this, and his wife Amber Tamblyn in “Y: The Last Man,” I wonder if they sat around the dining table and compared their post-apocalyptic streaming series. (I’m liking “Station Eleven” a lot more than I liked “Y.”)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I 'm finally caught up with this one. My girlfriend was watching it & convinced me to watch it.

I found it ok, a bit predictable, well except for that one scene in Ep. 9.

But it was fun watching McKenzie Davis figure out the connections.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Surprised so many don't like it. I think it's one of the best shows of the year.
I'm with you. Started watching a week ago and just caught up last night. Risked potential book spoilers clicking on this thread thinking it would be mostly high praise. Kind of shocked at the lukewarm reception as I think it's phenomenal. Has a real Leftovers/Lost vibe and I love the way they play with time. Can't wait for the finale but sad it will be ending. One of my favorites of the past several years for sure.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
One more thing I'll add, the young actress who plays Kirsten as a child is phenomenal. I can't wait to watch her career as she grows up and do amazing work.

Reactions: deli99

·
Registered
26,594 Posts
Only one episode left to go, and I'm still not sure exactly just what the hell I'm watching.

Enjoying it.

·
I've got Jewbs!
2,435 Posts
One more thing I'll add, the young actress who plays Kirsten as a child is phenomenal. I can't wait to watch her career as she grows up and do amazing work.
Agreed. She was in an episode of EVIL and was outstanding.

·
Premium Member
11,301 Posts
I’m enjoying not knowing what the &@%¥! I’m watching. I hope there is a Season 2.

·
I am Groot!
61,648 Posts
The storytelling is very...elliptical. As I said before, it's growing on me. I wasn't at all sure the first few episodes, but I've come to really like it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts