TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've given the new cast a little over, what, six or seven episodes and I can say I don't mind most of the cast changes. Except for not seeing Richard Dean Anderson anywhere in the show anymore. I didn't mind it that much when he was promoted to General, he still got some good lines. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show and will keep watching it until it no longer airs, but I truly miss the great way Anderson could deliver a line. Colonel Mitchell is a great replacement, but I still feel the show suffered a bit with Anderson gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Amnesia said:
So how did the prior get his powers back? Did someone sit on the remote or something?
They didn't explain or show how but he didn't have full power back because they were able to shoot him with a firearm after he had the general by the neck.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Anyone else have trouble with DTV Tivo not picking this up as a new episode? Mine said it was a repeat but fortunately I realized the problem in time to set it up to record the whole show at 2300 EST. I got about 50 minutes of the 2000 show and watched that. I double checked BG & Atlantis and they were setup OK.

Mike
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,759 Posts
<...waiting for someone to complain that the SG team was being intolerant of the Prior's religious beliefs...>
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,759 Posts
Graymalkin said:
The Ancients are going to have to get off their ascended butts and kick some Ori tail.
yep... but an epic battle between beings on a higher plane of existance, while interesting, wouldn't have anything to do with the SG characters.

I'm guessing the story is going to be about how Our Heroes manage to bring the ancients to the table.

(which sounds disturbingly similar to the major Babylon 5 arc... "get off your encounter-suited butts and do something!" :D)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Amnesia said:
So how did the prior get his powers back? Did someone sit on the remote or something?
They explained to the prior that they were hitting him with electronic interference that was disrupting his concentration. I assume when he became angry at the general, he momentarily was able to concentrate hard enough to use some of his powers.
 

·
Well aren't you
Joined
·
6,950 Posts
interesting episode. I thought the back and forth between Cameron and Daniel was good, close to Daniel and Jack but eh ;)

the most interesting part was that the O-Ri are coming to kill the Ancients. Which raises the interesting points, can ascended beings be killed?

Even though you are Ascended, time and space apparently still do effect you apparently otherwise it would be a battle on whatever level the O-Ri and Ancients are on and why would they need to come to our sector to do it.

Do the O-Ri want to kill the Ancients because they fear they are taking worshippers/stopping worshippers or is it just a feud they had way back when which caused the split (those crazy Ancients).
 

·
...I'm not.
Joined
·
18,976 Posts
mrpantstm said:
interesting episode. I thought the back and forth between Cameron and Daniel was good, close to Daniel and Jack but eh ;)

the most interesting part was that the O-Ri are coming to kill the Ancients. Which raises the interesting points, can ascended beings be killed?

Even though you are Ascended, time and space apparently still do effect you apparently otherwise it would be a battle on whatever level the O-Ri and Ancients are on and why would they need to come to our sector to do it.

Do the O-Ri want to kill the Ancients because they fear they are taking worshippers/stopping worshippers or is it just a feud they had way back when which caused the split (those crazy Ancients).
Oh wow, the O-Ri! I sure love their fries ;)

We know from the earlier that the Ancients have been hiding this galaxy (and Pegasus??) from the Ori; presumably they can hide themselves the same way. Now that the Ori have found our galaxy, they can use it as a starting point to track down the Ancients, based on their (deliberately meager) influence on the region. It doesn't have to be a direct geographical correlation.

Or for that matter, they may hope to draw out the Ancients by challenging, taunting, or outraging them. Even though the Ancients swear neutrality, this is still "their" galaxy, and the Ori may be hoping to play on their sympathies (a la Orlen).
 

·
Hi. What is this?
Joined
·
11,728 Posts
I liked the banter between Daniel and Cam, but otherwise I found it to be a pretty dull episode. I am relieved that Louis Gossett Jr got blowed up real good. His "acting" was painful.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,759 Posts
PJO1966 said:
I am relieved that Louis Gossett Jr got blowed up real good. His "acting" was painful.
No doubt! He used to be a good actor, I have no idea what happened.

Notice how there seemed to be an overdub almost everytime he said "Goa'ould"?

I picture the scene of the directors trying to get him to pronounce it correctly looking like Phoebe trying to teach Joey how to pronounce french phrases, with them ultimately giving up and deciding to just have someone else loop it in post. :D

I'm glad the grade-school ancient got his brain fried too. He also sucked. Imagine if he and Lou had a scene together! :eek:

Good riddance to bad actors!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
busyba said:
(which sounds disturbingly similar to the major Babylon 5 arc... "get off your encounter-suited butts and do something!" :D)
Damn, now that you mention it it does look that way.
 

·
Auteur
Joined
·
54,390 Posts
Let's hope they are done with the convoluted crap and get on to some good stories soon. I'm glad to be done with the Ori for now.
 

·
...I'm not.
Joined
·
18,976 Posts
IndyJones1023 said:
Let's hope they are done with the convoluted crap and get on to some good stories soon. I'm glad to be done with the Ori for now.
And what are they supposed to do without a Big Bad(tm)? One-off 'concept' episodes for the rest of the season? That might have worked in season Two, but at this point I think they're running out of truly original ideas for away team encounters (and what's left is going into Atlantis episodes). IMHO they almost have to come back to the Ori threat fairly quickly just to keep the show going...
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
41,258 Posts
Why does Dasniel Jackson wear a do-rag when he's on military ops?
 

·
Custom User Title
Joined
·
3,694 Posts
cheesesteak said:
Why does Dasniel Jackson wear a do-rag when he's on military ops?
Because the actor is sensitive about bad hair days?

-MM
(Wish Teal'c would follow suit, his new 'do is not flattering)
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top