TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Meh.
43,363 Posts
I hate Rodney with the intensity of a thousand suns but I really liked this episode. The best episode so far this season. The Sam/Rodney interplay was wonderful.

·
...I'm not.
19,273 Posts
windracer said:
Well, we know now that they can use the jumpers underwater ... and there are some pretty big creatures down there.
Technically true, but this feels a lot like a Star Trek tech-o'-the-week element that we'll never hear about again. But perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised...

·
All About Footwork
32,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
which makes the whole "is the puddle jumper a submersible vehicle?" a silly debate...if you can launch a shuttle while Atlantis is under water, it would be logical to conclude that the shuttle works underwater...

·
Well aren't you
6,950 Posts
Good episode. Of any of the characters to have head trauma and argue with themselves, Rodney by far was the best pick. I think Sam was hotter in the pink outfit than in just the bra but that's just me.

Definitly some good lines by Rodney.

To me this is an episode designed at breaking Rodney's character out of his arrogance and opening him up to the audience. I'd be suprised if we don't see a kinder, gentler Rodney McKay after this.

·
...I'm not.
19,273 Posts
mrpantstm said:
To me this is an episode designed at breaking Rodney's character out of his arrogance and opening him up to the audience. I'd be suprised if we don't see a kinder, gentler Rodney McKay after this.
Idunno, he's been through many a humbling moment before, and it never seems to have a lasting effect...

·
Number crunchin'
38,476 Posts
I liked how the sea monster turned out to be friendly, or at least simply curious. Whether intentionally or not, it helped save Rodney's life.

·
Registered
20,945 Posts
dcheesi said:
Obviously it didn't advance the plot any, other than to lose one jumper out of an unknown(?) number.
Well, it did two other little things, that while they don't directly advance the plot, I hope will come up again in the future.

While refitting the rescue jumper they mentioned that they were doing work to adapt the jumper bay to X-302 storage. So I guess Atlantis is getting additional integrated defences.

Also, they now have the ability to flip between cloak and shield on the jumpers, which could be a really useful ability at some point in the future.

So they have new toys in the tool box, even if it wasn't an advance on the plot.

·
All About Footwork
32,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
the ancients were so advanced, yet didn't program a fail-safe system for when the jumper is too deep under water :rolleyes:

·
I am Groot!
64,388 Posts
Anubys said:
the ancients were so advanced, yet didn't program a fail-safe system for when the jumper is too deep under water :rolleyes:
I don't know, most people probably don't engineer their spaceships to operate under water (see the Futurama quote above, which while amusing is pretty apt).

·
All About Footwork
32,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Rob Helmerichs said:
I don't know, most people probably don't engineer their spaceships to operate under water (see the Futurama quote above, which while amusing is pretty apt).
but they DID engineer them to operate under water!

·
Banned
34,759 Posts
windracer said:
Ok, after thinking along the same lines as Rodney for most of the episode ("it's my fantasy you can at least take your top off!") I have to say: wet Sam = not hot. :eek:

Must be the short hair. :rolleyes:
The crappy bra certainly didn't help.

This show really needs to move back to Showtime. ;) :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Anubys said:
but they DID engineer them to operate under water!
For a super advanced race that built nearly indestructible rings capable of instantaneously traveling across the galaxy, FTL drives capable of moving entire cities to other galaxies, etc; they sure build crappy sub/space ships. If its a (ancient) sub shouldn't it be able handle more than a few thousand feet of water?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.