TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20,713 Posts
dcheesi said:
Obviously it didn't advance the plot any, other than to lose one jumper out of an unknown(?) number.
Well, it did two other little things, that while they don't directly advance the plot, I hope will come up again in the future.

While refitting the rescue jumper they mentioned that they were doing work to adapt the jumper bay to X-302 storage. So I guess Atlantis is getting additional integrated defences.

Also, they now have the ability to flip between cloak and shield on the jumpers, which could be a really useful ability at some point in the future.

So they have new toys in the tool box, even if it wasn't an advance on the plot.

·
Registered
20,713 Posts
Anubys said:
I saved the last argument for last: the non-damaged pod also had the same tolerances...a current-day human rigged it so it goes deeper...

as for the "1,200 feet is impressive" argument (by MassD)...it's not even impressive for current-day earth!

game. set. match?
It's pretty impressive for a space ship that happens to have limited submersible abilities. After all a sheet of glass* is about the least pressure resistant form available, and that was a really big windshield.

Compare that to the deep diving modern subs which are based on spheres (handle compression really well), and have very small circular, very thick portholes.

I guarantee the jumpers are much more impressive underwater that a modern day space ship. :)

*or anything else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.