TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
All About Footwork
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not watched it yet, but it looks like it will be heavy on Rodney..that's good!

I guess Jonathan_S is out tonight ;)

·
All About Footwork
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice outfit for Sam...yum! :D

·
All About Footwork
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that's the problem...you were looking at her hair!

she's a bit chunkier than normal...that's not a bad thing, I don't like super skinny women...I won't be deleting this ep for a while...

IBIMB :D

·
All About Footwork
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
murgatroyd said:
You guys do know that Amanda Tapping has recently come back from maternity leave?

I'm just sayin'.

Jan
yes, we know that...we appreciate the side effects that had on her...um...bigger assets... :D

and yes, the water was NOT cold :mad:

·
All About Footwork
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
which makes the whole "is the puddle jumper a submersible vehicle?" a silly debate...if you can launch a shuttle while Atlantis is under water, it would be logical to conclude that the shuttle works underwater...

·
All About Footwork
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
the ancients were so advanced, yet didn't program a fail-safe system for when the jumper is too deep under water :rolleyes:

·
All About Footwork
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Rob Helmerichs said:
I don't know, most people probably don't engineer their spaceships to operate under water (see the Futurama quote above, which while amusing is pretty apt).
but they DID engineer them to operate under water!

·
All About Footwork
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
IndyJones1023 said:
Well, Rodney's jumper had previous sustained damage and was repaired by regular old ordinary humans.
dear Atlantis apologist:

it was the windshield that broke... :p

:D

·
All About Footwork
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
IndyJones1023 said:
I know, but the right pod was damaged. Much like being t-boned in your car, it can make the frame wonky. When they hit the water, it could have exacerbated the structural damage causing the weakened windshield to eventually crack under the pressure.
I saved the last argument for last: the non-damaged pod also had the same tolerances...a current-day human rigged it so it goes deeper...

as for the "1,200 feet is impressive" argument (by MassD)...it's not even impressive for current-day earth!

game. set. match?

·
All About Footwork
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I just spoke to an ancient...he agrees with me that this is a terrible oversight on their part and is a design flaw...

ancient said:
yep. we're smarter than that...we fixed the problem with shuttle V2.3 that could go to 10,000 meters. We used the design that Scotty created when he transported the whales to the future.
I guess we can put this argument to rest...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.