TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
...I'm not.
19,136 Posts
I have to agree about wet Sam. In the first instance I didn't notice so much, since I was busy noticing other things ;) But later on she got wet again, and all of a sudden she looked old or something, not attractive at all. And I have to say, the pink jumpsuit with the cleavage shot was somehow hotter than the bra/top/thing as well...

Oh yeah, maybe I should talk about the rest of the epsiode :eek: I like McKay, so it was fine; but it did feel like a pointless episode. Obviously it didn't advance the plot any, other than to lose one jumper out of an unknown(?) number. And we've already seen McKay handle similar dangerous/desperate situations, so it didn't even advance his character development, IMHO.

·
...I'm not.
19,136 Posts
windracer said:
Well, we know now that they can use the jumpers underwater ... and there are some pretty big creatures down there.
Technically true, but this feels a lot like a Star Trek tech-o'-the-week element that we'll never hear about again. But perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised...

·
...I'm not.
19,136 Posts
mrpantstm said:
To me this is an episode designed at breaking Rodney's character out of his arrogance and opening him up to the audience. I'd be suprised if we don't see a kinder, gentler Rodney McKay after this.
Idunno, he's been through many a humbling moment before, and it never seems to have a lasting effect...

·
...I'm not.
19,136 Posts
Remember, even if the jumper was intended for underwater use, that wasn't its primary function. Most of the design considerations would have been geared toward space and/or atmospheric flight, which is what it's used for 99% of the time. IMHO I doubt jumpers were really designed for sustained underwater exploration; they just added submersible elements for emergency situations (like this!), and because they could do so relatively easily. IOW, it was an afterthought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.