TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
January 13th episode of Stargate Atlantis is incorrently listed as 2005, so it did not get set up to automatically record on my season pass.

The episode name is Epiphany and it is a new episode (number 212), but the original air date is incorrectly listed as 11/28/05.

I had to manually set it to record. I have Dish Network. I'm not sure if this error shows up on other providers' info, but you may want to check your To Do List just in case.

·
Premium Member
9,971 Posts
jstr said:
January 13th episode of Stargate Atlantis is incorrently listed as 2005, so it did not get set up to automatically record on my season pass.

The episode name is Epiphany and it is a new episode (number 212), but the original air date is incorrectly listed as 11/28/05.

I had to manually set it to record. I have Dish Network. I'm not sure if this error shows up on other providers' info, but you may want to check your To Do List just in case.
11/28/05 is correct OAD for that episode as it aired in Canada. (For those not already aware - the first 5 episodes of the second half of the season, 211 - 215 already aired in 2005 up there).

My guide data for Dish doesn't go out that far yet, but it did get the new episode on the 6th correct. (Did yours?)

-Ken

·
Premium Member
9,971 Posts
I just hunted it down in the guide, and mine does indeed show the canadian OAD (11/28/05) for the episode to be shown on the 1/13/2006 - but it also selected the episode to be recorded as a first run.

-Ken

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noted the same problem with this episode earlier today. I'm on Comcast Cable (analog, no cable box). Just as jstr noted, my TiVo had listed the Epiphany episode as being skipped as a rerun. I had to schedule the episode to record manually. :up:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kdmorse said:
11/28/05 is correct OAD for that episode as it aired in Canada. (For those not already aware - the first 5 episodes of the second half of the season, 211 - 215 already aired in 2005 up there).

My guide data for Dish doesn't go out that far yet, but it did get the new episode on the 6th correct. (Did yours?)

-Ken
ep 211 on 1/6/06 shows an OAD of 1/6/06. ep 212 on 1/13/06 shows on OAD of 11/28/05. It seems to be using the US guide data for ep 211 and the Canadian guide data for ep 212.

I better keep an eye it. If it uses Canadian guide data on any other upcoming episodes than it won't auto record because is not recognising it as a 'first run' on my TiVo. If it happens again then I'll just change my SP to record repeats and first runs and I'll be sure not to miss any new episodes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rob Helmerichs said:
Shows do show up in the guide data before they show up on the To Do list. Perhaps you just jumped the gun..?
Battlestar Galactica was already set for auto record on 1/13/06, so I'm sure it skipped over the Stargate Atlantis ep due to the OAD showing as 11/28/05. My To Do List was already out to 1/14/06 for all my SPs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The same thing has happened with the new Stargate Atlantis episode 213, to be aired on 1/20/06.

It shows an Original Air Date of 12/5/05 (which I'm assuming was the Canada OAD), so this episode has been skipped also because TiVo Season Pass Manager has not recognized it as a 'first run'.

I had to change my SP to 'repeats & first run' for this new episode to be set up for auto record.

·
I am Groot!
62,796 Posts
Mike20878 said:
Who needs to be informed about this problem? Is it Scifi's problem?
It's Tribune. Their purpose is to give accurate information. In this case, the information is TOO accurate to be useful to a TiVo.

I suspect it will sort out when they get enough complaints. Just for kicks, I'm leaving my To Do list as is until the last minute, to see if/when they fix it.

·
Don't stop believin'
26,095 Posts
I have both SPs for SG-1 and Atlantis AND an ARWL for "Stargate"

THe ARWL can act as a backup in case the FRO settings on the SPs don't pick up the episodes, as long as you don't mind it catching the syndicated runs too.

I'm just saying.

Jan

·
Premium Member
9,971 Posts
Yup - Ep 213 is fouled up as well. Either Repeats & First Runs is called for - or a manual 9pm SCIFI season pass.

Actually, considering (at least in my case) SG-1 and SGA both ran over by a minute, a simple manual season pass from 8pm to 11pm may be called for...

-Ken

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.