TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Notable Member
117,710 Posts
delayed a bit from previously announced release date... Will now be September 21s. Three episodes drop that day..

Personally, I have hopes for this one.. It doesn't really focus on well established characters like the way Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan did. Hoping it's more like Mando. Seeing the start of the Rebellion should be fun.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I didn't realize this series was created by Tony Gilroy, who has a very impressive screenwriting resume, including Michael Clayton, which I think is an absolute masterpiece. I haven't been much interested in SW stuff other than the original trilogy but I'll have to give this series a try now.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just can’t take weekly releases anymore. If they had only released the first episode by itself, I’m not sure I would have watched more. As it is, that was 3 episodes of mostly filler that should have been 1. A few minutes from the first 2 episodes tacked onto the third would have been a decent opener. I’ll see what next week has to offer. If it doesn’t pick up the pace then I will probably just wait until around Thanksgiving when it’s over, to finish it.

·
Meh.
43,379 Posts
The third episode made up for the developmental slowness of the first two episodes. They must have realized that the first two episodes alone wouldn't entice viewers to keep tuning in.

I don't know if it's the actor or the role but Diego Luna/Andor wasn't very compelling in Rogue One and isn't in this show so far.

Until Andor's mom(?) and her friend showed up I thought the native kids segments were flashbacks to Andor's childhood. I was shocked to see that the native kids were a contemporary primitive group and the boy wasn't Andor. That kid had better turn out to be a significant character with the amount of time they've spent on his story so far.

·
I am Groot!
64,403 Posts
Until Andor's mom(?) and her friend showed up I thought the native kids segments were flashbacks to Andor's childhood. I was shocked to see that the native kids were a contemporary primitive group and the boy wasn't Andor. That kid had better turn out to be a significant character with the amount of time they've spent on his story so far.
That was a flashback to his childhood. The adoptive mother rescued him (apparently shortly before the planet's population was wiped out in a "mining accident," presumably caused by the Evil Corporation). Note that Adoptive Mom isn't wearing the old lady makeup in those scenes, and she's mobile (unlike in the present, when she care barely walk even with a cane). Also note that the droid is shiny and new, not beat-up like in the "current" scenes. And of course her ship isn't a wreck yet.

·
Meh.
43,379 Posts
That was a flashback to his childhood. The adoptive mother rescued him (apparently shortly before the planet's population was wiped out in a "mining accident," presumably caused by the Evil Corporation). Note that Adoptive Mom isn't wearing the old lady makeup in those scenes, and she's mobile (unlike in the present, when she care barely walk even with a cane). Also note that the droid is shiny and new, not beat-up like in the "current" scenes. And of course her ship isn't a wreck yet.
Me dumb.

·
Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder
44,461 Posts
I had been hearing the first two episodes were slow, but the third made up for it. I would agree with that. I did enjoy the first two episodes, but maybe part of that was I knew what to expect.

Reviewers have also seen episode four and I'm hearing that it is a good one as well.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,914 Posts
I kept thinking the SuperSecretIncrediblyRareImperialStarTracker that Cassian had to sell was something he grabbed as a kid, from that ship wreck where Fiona Shaw rescued him.

·
Premium Member
58,086 Posts
I was bored for the first two eps and almost bailed. I’m all in after Ep 3. I know it took time to build the story and the payoff is already worth it.

Also, all the townspeople banging on the metal is like shouting “FIVE OH! FIVE OH!”

·
Notable Member
117,710 Posts
Im glad I got advice from several people that said just to watch all of it back to back to back. Which I mostly did. First two episodes back to back. Then break down videos for each of those episodes. Then episode three. Which really got things moving. (then final break down video)

That junior investigator really should have listened to his boss. Two blokes picked a fight with the wrong guy. Nothing to see here. Move along

1 - 20 of 36 Posts