TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
HD Tech
1,053 Posts
Alien(s) a la Star Trek, with La'an as Ripley. Complete with never before seen redshirts.

SF in general, and Star Trek in particular, has a bad habit of portraying any intelligent alien species, no matter what their evolution and natural environment, as being capable of technology and space travel. I'm thinking of the Ba'ul and Species Ten-C from Discovery off the top of my head, but based on what we've seen in SNW, there's no way the Gorn should be a technological space-faring species.
I think the episode made it reasonably clear that the Gorn were 'space-faring' by laying eggs inside hapless aliens who are space faring.

·
HD Tech
1,053 Posts
I'm really not a fan of Jim Kirk's brother on this show, he seems like a bit of jerk who doesn't actually contribute anything.
Actually, a MAJOR jerk, and a coward. With a really cheesy mustache. I was rooting for the Gorn.

Speaking of characters from the original series, Hemmer's death means the Enterprise will need a new Chief Engineer. I wonder if we could see a certain young Scottish man introduced next season?
Had the identical thought.

As for La'an's exit, I don't think the original Star Trek had a Security Chief. First one I remember is Tasha Yar on TNG, after which every ST series had one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts