TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Proud Tivolutionary
17,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That weapon used by Zareh or one of the bad guys was pretty crazy. I liked the fight sequence and the role they gave Michelle Yeoh.

Will be interesting to learn more about The Burn and the technology that exists in this century.

·
Premium Member
10,256 Posts
I've been enjoying it so far. I don't mind that it's radically different than, say, ST:TNG or friends. And restoring Federation/Starfleet ideals to a broken down universe could make for a good story. And I'm kinda amused that we went from Discovery being a seemingly overly advanced starship for the time it was supposed to be in - which required some contortionist plots to explain - to Discovery being a ancient relic in all ways but one.

I'm going to continue to assume The Burn is based on weaponized Omega particles run amok until proven otherwise. Sure, we've seen some other subspace damaging weapons/effects that certainly could have been enhanced over 700 years, but Omega's the obvious candidate. (And would not likely have been known to anyone in Discovery's original timeline).

But I do look forward to new episodes on Thursdays.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I suspect that was the original plan, but the writers realized there was far more opportunity doing the "fish out of water" trope than the search.

But I'm sure we'll have plenty of flashbacks of the search, but there's so much more interesting things to explore and so many questions to answer so why waste all that time on a search. Star Trek was alsoways more about asking questions and positing hypothetical scenarios.

·
Series 3
32,377 Posts
"Parasitic Ice".
Uhm ok.

I did like Jake Weber here but why is Tilly still cowering from (Empress) Georgiou like that?
Also, do we need all the snark from Georgiou, Reno, and (usually) Stamets.

Saru is still the only character I really like here.

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
"Parasitic Ice".
Uhm ok.

I did like Jake Weber here but why is Tilly still cowering from (Empress) Georgiou like that?
Also, do we need all the snark from Georgiou, Reno, and (usually) Stamets.

Saru is still the only character I really like here.
I can't get enough of Georgiou. She snark all she wants as long as she gives me ample Couching Tiger throwbacks. She is my favorite in the series.

I'm also loving the new eye candy with whom Michael has a platonic relationship and his fat cat. Hopes he shows up often.

·
Series 3
32,377 Posts
I can't get enough of Georgiou. She snark all she wants as long as she gives me ample Couching Tiger throwbacks. She is my favorite in the series.
My concern is that with three characters that each have ample amounts of snark, we may be headed for a snark overload.

Stamets: Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark.

Reno: Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark.

Stamets: Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark.

Georgiou: Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark.

Reno: Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark.

Stamets: Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark.

Georgiou: Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark. Snark.

Culber: Will you three just knock it off with all the snark?

Georgiou stabs Culber.

Tilly: What the f....!!!!!!!!!!

Also, the other thing was that watching Discovery crash land made me think that someone had recently watched Voyager's "Timeless".
(Which also featured Quantum Slipstream drive.)

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,139 Posts
Does that mean she gets pulled back into the "past" or remain in the "future"? If the latter, does this mean she has to search for the missing Section 31 next season?
My thought (which is purely my own) is that Section 31 never went away, and she'll go off and do Section 31 things with David Cronenberg. That whole segment seemed like a pilot to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.