1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Go Pats!
9,606 Posts
I like where it is going

·
Time for a new Title
28,047 Posts
I'm glad they've now separated Discovery out from the rest of the Star Trek Prime universe, but I really didn't find much enjoyable about this episode. But I also wasn't a fan of the second half of either of the previous seasons, so I'm probably not the target audience.

·
UHD Addict
24,275 Posts
I'm watching it. I'm looking forward to the third episode on Thursday. Although I can't stand this weekly release crap.

Reactions: LlamaLarry

·
Series 3
32,377 Posts
It usually takes 3 seasons for Trek to get good. Pretty much any Star Trek series only gets going on Season 3
This frequently gets repeated and to be honest, I don't think it holds up.
This may have been true for TNG (due to all the behind the scenes chaos although I always felt that there was definite improvement in Season 2. See The Measure of a Man for starters.) and somewhat DS9 (deciding on a direction) but I don't think it really holds up for any other series.
(Especially TOS, which was pretty much good from day one.)

I finally watched episode one because, well, I'm not that interested after the flaming dung heap that was the Season 2 finale.
And I'm already ready to predict that somehow Burnham and the Discovery crew are responsible for the Great Burn (and probably the Temporal Wars as well).

In addition, certainly, the feeling was the same that I got from Genesis II, Planet Earth, and Andromeda when they reached the Federation Outpost.

·
UHD Addict
24,275 Posts
This season has been good so far. I have been enjoying it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.