TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most likely this will be deleted, but I am now pi...ed.

HR20 guide now shows the Games with 4.5 hours long, 1:00pm game lasts until 05:50pm and this absolutely stops 04:00pm game from being pre-set to record.

Talking about a piece of crap (together w crappy guide).
 

·
M GO BLUE!!!
Joined
·
2,959 Posts
You'll get more help by posting this at dbstalk instead of here. What does the HR10-250 guide say for those games?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
AVPhan said:
Most likely this will be deleted, but I am now pi...ed.

HR20 guide now shows the Games with 4.5 hours long, 1:00pm game lasts until 05:50pm and this absolutely stops 04:00pm game from being pre-set to record.

Talking about a piece of crap (together w crappy guide).
I assume you are talking about the NFLST games. They've done that for some time now, so it has nothing to do with the dvr. It seems stupid to me that DirecTV offers the NFLST and a lot of those customers have dvrs, then makes it hard for its customers to record the games automatically because of the overlap.

Most games are done in 3 hours now, so that is overkill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
You think that 4.5 hours is bad, DirecTV just had extra channels for the US Open tennis, on the outer courts last week, and the guide listed them as 24 HOURS!!!

Admittedly, they did not know when the outer courts would have their last match end, but the last match would end around 8 hours.

So I would have to check on the whatever channel I was recording to see if it had ended, then stop the recording manually.

This is with a HR10-250.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tfederov said:
You'll get more help by posting this at dbstalk instead of here. What does the HR10-250 guide say for those games?
I sure did. Sorry, I just needed to vent. HR10-250 has 3:01 on 1:00pm games and 04:30 for 04:00pm games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fullcourt81 said:
You think that 4.5 hours is bad, DirecTV just had extra channels for the US Open tennis, on the outer courts last week, and the guide listed them as 24 HOURS!!!

Admittedly, they did not know when the outer courts would have their last match end, but the last match would end around 8 hours.

So I would have to check on the whatever channel I was recording to see if it had ended, then stop the recording manually.

This is with a HR10-250.
I know about this, same thing as MLB EI with games duration of 06:00.
At least, HR10-250 shows 03:01 duration for 01:00 games and 04:30 for 04:00pm games.
 

·
Murray
Joined
·
207 Posts
AVPhan said:
I know about this, same thing as MLB EI with games duration of 06:00.
At least, HR10-250 shows 03:01 duration for 01:00 games and 04:30 for 04:00pm games.
I actually like that the MLB EI games are 06:00 -- would really rather they just be 04:30. But then again, I am only interested in one team and that team plays the longest games of all MLB teams, so using the 03:00 duration usually results in the recording cutting off in the 8th inning. When the games are on channel 95, I have to go in and edit the ending time by adding 1 1/2 hours to each one -- it is just easier for me not to have to do that.

But I can see how if other things to record are important to you this would be a problem. With 6 active DTivo's this is not a problem for me. Too bad the software doesn't allow you to end the recording early like it allows you to extend it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Fullcourt81 said:
You think that 4.5 hours is bad, DirecTV just had extra channels for the US Open tennis, on the outer courts last week, and the guide listed them as 24 HOURS!!!

Admittedly, they did not know when the outer courts would have their last match end, but the last match would end around 8 hours.

So I would have to check on the whatever channel I was recording to see if it had ended, then stop the recording manually.

This is with a HR10-250.
Or like JimSpence says just set up 3 hr manual recordings.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top