TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VM Tivo User
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure that this has been asked before, and probably by me ;), but for the benefit of any 'new' Tivo users (and me as I've forgotten :D), I'll ask it again!

If I have an SP set up for a given show on both the original channel and it's +1, why does a clash with the first showing get scheduled on the next showing on the original channel and not the "one hour later" on the +1?

If I recall correctly, a WL is the only way to do this, or do I remember something about putting the +1 SP first?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
You have requested that all showings on the main channel are recorded ahead of the +1 channel. If you put the +1 first it will do a later +1 recording ahead of the earlier main channel recording.

It does all available recordings in priority order - it doesn't go through the list checking if a lower priority is on earlier.

·
Premium Member
5,055 Posts
Wishlist does take an episode based on its next screening on any available channel. So it would take the +1 ahead of a later main channel screening.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Fozzie said:
What I meant to say what that there may be loads of unwanted hits too; re-runs, showings on other channels too. Best to try it and see ;)
I wonder if this is a job for a hack. Somehow search for clashes and if a recording can be shifted to it's +1 channel (or vice versa) and avoid a clash then it does so. Not knowing the capabilities of tivoweb modules or tcl scripts I don't know if this is fantasy. If that's not clear, in other words, each SP for a main channel will automatically switch a recording to the +1 channel to avoid a clash that would result in one of them not being recorded.

·
tivoheaven.co.uk
5,577 Posts
I would just use a Title Wishlist with FRO set.

If that picks up too much junk then use an Advanced Wishlist, find something that distinguishes the latest series from the repeats - eg. a new actor only in the new series - and make that mandatory with a :up:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.