TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Duper Member
997 Posts
Watching this now... the negotiating car lengths stuff is very annoying... just race heads up!

Did they ever show what their times were?

ROFL.. had to edit to add this from the host on their website:

I am extremely proud of the racers who have already stepped up to appear on PINKS, they are true men of courage and honor. And for those of you who keep ripping me and the show on the forum, do me a huge favor and go F yourselves - you are all so clueless that I almost feel sorry for you.
I would *much* rather see a show like this with Michael Schumacher racing heads up against Juan Pablo Montoya in similarly configured Ferrari 360's or something at Watkins Glen or Laguna Seca...

·
Giant Forehead Dude
311 Posts
I thought it was incredibly annoying. I was really looking forward to it too.

I'm not sure what it was I had envisioned, but it sure wasn't that..

I guess I have to to F myself now...

·
Registered
15,283 Posts
I've actually been enjoying the show. I kind of like the negotiations and how that is really where the races are won and lost. It's a pretty decent half hour show while there is nothing else on.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I really want to like this show. I love stock class drag racing (as opposed to, say, top fuel) and several of the cars on this show are well engineered, beautiful, or both. However; I HATE the negotiating for lengths crap. They need to get cars that are competitive against one another and have them race heads-up. Run what you brung and if you don't win, you shoulda brought more!

Racing a stripped, tubbed, full-on race car against a mostly stock LS1 is just idiotic. If you have to ask for 15 lengths to even come close at the finish line, why bother racing? They should class these guys some way (by displacement, power adder, whatever) and have cars race against other competitive cars.

I'm hoping they change this a little bit for the second season (starting up next month).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.