TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Was that six months free Hulu bundle offer from your wireless provider? Can I assume that it is not for the ad-free tier?

BTW, last week after having let my Apple TV+ sub expire for a few days, I took advantage of stacking two offers (three months directly from Apple and four months from Target) to get seven months free. There was also a three months free deal from BestBuy, but it appears that Apple will not allow you to apply more than one offer at a time from a retail outfit. YMMV.

Comcast currently has some pretty interesting deals for HSI. I am paying $30 net for "gigabit-" (better than 900Mbps typical downstream). And you can get 300Mbps for $20 net depending on what's on offer in a given market.
May I ask how you got the Target offer? We haven't had Apple TV plus for awhile and might like that.

@tommiet YouTube TV isn't TiVo, but to me, it's been the next best thing.

·
Registered
679 Posts
May I ask how you got the Target offer? We haven't had Apple TV plus for awhile and might like that.

@tommiet YouTube TV isn't TiVo, but to me, it's been the next best thing.
Got the free Apple TV buying a TV from Best Buy yesterday. BB also gave me 30 days free Fubo too and a free Amazon Alexa Dot. All for a $99 TV for my kitchen.

Got the 6 months free Hulu package (with Disney and ESPN+) with the Dell computer I just purchased.

YouTube TV is probably about the best so far.. Just the POS guide..... That will be a no sale for the boss... Will probably cancel before they start charging me in 2 weeks.

Spectrum (old Charter) DVR's should be here tomorrow.... I'm so excited (n)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Had Spectrum come by and install a new cable card. Fixed my issue. As normal, the tech came without a card and called a supervisor who came by with 2. While the tech was working to get my TiVo working, the supervisor told me that IPTV was only about 4 miles away from me now and his guess was that my TiVo would trash in about a year or two @ best.

But for now, my TiVo is working again and ope I can get another year out of it. Was just thinking about picking up another used one... But think TiVo's days are done.

Maybe by then YouTube will have a decent guide and dvr.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As of this date my cable cards still work. I have Spectrum fiber service. The Tampa office has a really good person for dealing with TiVo issues. Sorry, I cannot remember the technician's name.
What Spectrum has done is to no longer provide the Spectrum app for smart TVs, firesticks, etc. So if you have the Spectrum app already, don't delete off your device. It's the only way I can get On Demand without casting from my iPhone or iPad.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts