TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear these guys are idiots. I call 5 different times and get 5 different answers. Yesterday's conversation with the guy was painful. I asked about cable cards for Tivo and he said, "What is a tivo?" I explained. He didn't get it.

So, here are my questions to you guys since I feel I get more accurate answers here. (adding triple play with dad moving in)

1. Spectrum is still supporting cable cards with Tivos, correct? (we have gone OTA for several years now, so I haven't used cable service.)

2. My dad wants "landline" type phone service but would like to keep his number if possible. It is currently a number from a different state, would he be able to do that or can Spectrum only assign local numbers to their phone service?

The 20 min phone conversation with the Spectrum guy lead to neither question being answered and he kept "sales-pitching" streaming when I wasn't asking about streaming services.....argh!

THANK YOU!

· Registered
8,579 Posts
I swear these guys are idiots. I call 5 different times and get 5 different answers. Yesterday's conversation with the guy was painful. I asked about cable cards for Tivo and he said, "What is a tivo?" I explained. He didn't get it.

So, here are my questions to you guys since I feel I get more accurate answers here. (adding triple play with dad moving in)

1. Spectrum is still supporting cable cards with Tivos, correct? (we have gone OTA for several years now, so I haven't used cable service.)

2. My dad wants "landline" type phone service but would like to keep his number if possible. It is currently a number from a different state, would he be able to do that or can Spectrum only assign local numbers to their phone service?

The 20 min phone conversation with the Spectrum guy lead to neither question being answered and he kept "sales-pitching" streaming when I wasn't asking about streaming services.....argh!

THANK YOU!
Yes, you can still get cable cards from Spectrum. You will also need a tuning adapter. Yes, they can port any telephone number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.