TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Spectrum/Moca/Mini

971 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  krkaufman 
#1 ·
I have Spectrum cable/internet. I've read that they don't support Moca. I have a Tivo Bolt & Mini. Is it still possible to create an internal Moca network, even though Spectrum doesn't support it?

#7 ·
If the router/modem is not MoCa capable, you need to add a MoCa adapter between the coax coming in and an ethernet port on the router.

#9 ·
Have you now acquired a MOCA adapter? If your modem/router doesn't do MOCA you'll need an adapter at its location (This is assuming your modem and router are not in the living room with your Bolt). You don't need an adapter at the Bolt, it has MOCA built in. You should have a filter where the coax line enters your home.

#11 ·
My Bolt is in the living room, with the modem & separate router. I own both the modem & router, but neither are Moca. It took Spectrum forever to get the Tivo activated in the living room. SEVERAL over the phone reps, a few techs & 3 Cable Cards later, we finally got it activated. I'd rather not have to run a long ethernet cord through the house, to the bedroom, that's on the other end of the house, so I'm hoping we can get Moca working. On the Mini, it seems to recognize everything, it knows the name of my Tivo box, etc., it just needs the network. So from what I've read, hopefully all I'll need is Moca Filter in the living room. What about the splitter? I did realize that it's not Moca, should I get one that is? I'm new to all this, so I really appreciate everyone's help!

#14 ·
Then you should be able to do as suggested above, and configure the BOLT to function as your main Ethernet/MoCA bridge … to/through which the Mini will then connect as a MoCA client. Zero additional MoCA adapters required. (You'd just need the coax outlets interconnected, hopefully using MoCA-compatible components, and will need to ensure that a MoCA filter is installed at your cable signal point-of-entry, at or upstream of the first split encountered by the cable signal.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.