TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Spectrum/Moca/Mini

970 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  krkaufman 
Then you should be able to do as suggested above, and configure the BOLT to function as your main Ethernet/MoCA bridge … to/through which the Mini will then connect as a MoCA client. Zero additional MoCA adapters required. (You'd just need the coax outlets interconnected, hopefully using MoCA-compatible components, and will need to ensure that a MoCA filter is installed at your cable signal point-of-entry, at or upstream of the first split encountered by the cable signal.)

Will I only need the one adapter? I have a TiVo Bolt in the living room & am trying to hook up 1 Mini in 1 bedroom. The Mini tells me that it can't find the network. So, will the one Moca Adapter, in the living room, be all I need? Any filters?
You may not need any MoCA adapter, depending on where the BOLT sits relative to your router. Can the BOLT be connected via wired Ethernet to the router? If yes, then the BOLT can function as your main Ethernet/MoCA bridge, and so a separate MoCA adapter would not be needed. (You'll still need to ensure that the coax outlets are interconnected, and get a "PoE" MoCA filter installed to secure the MoCA network.)

If the BOLT can NOT be Ethernet-connected to the router, then you'd just need a single MoCA adapter installed at the router location to function as the main Ethernet/MoCA bridge, and the BOLT and Mini would then connect as MoCA clients using their built-in MoCA capability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.