TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I run spectrum with 3 CC and 3 Tuning Adapters and I'm not sure it's much better. Most channels require no tuning adapter (guessing you do need a CC). I'm not sure how many channels I have but if I estimate 300, maybe 35 require the TA. Of them, about 1/3 simply don't work any given day. AXS, BBC America, Smithsonian, Science Channel, etc... If I reboot the TiVo and the TA it often fixes the problem but usually not all at the same time. Basically, I'm always missing some channels. The problem varies too. In my Edge it's really bad. On my Roamio Pro it's the best. On my XL4 it's in between. The real problem with this is that if one of the 6 tuners flips to one of these channels (like to record a show) and the channel won't tune in, the TiVo will hunt for it including restarting the TA on its own. There after it will restart the TA over and over and over...

Long story short, TiVo via Spectrum is not as easy as just getting the equipment. I run 3 TiVos because 1 simply wouldn't work. Unless you don't mind missing show you hoped to tape.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know next to nothing about these matters but countless techs and reps have tried to fix it but they never do. I'd prefer Directv but it would be seasonal because I have trees with leaves so can't get a clear path. Directv was a pain too but it was less problematic Spectrum. Snow was the only real problem I had. Once I mounted my dish where I could sweep it, the problem was minimal. For now through, I do my best with the TiVos.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts