TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
We are moving to a new state and currently use Spectrum. To do the move, they will close the current account and open a new account in the new state. During the call the support rep told me that Spectrum is no longer going to support cable cards on new accounts. How can we use Tivo and cable?
This is just terrible…. Not sure why the FCC would give the okay to end Cable Card support…. I would be very persistent and keep calling to try to get different representatives with the hope of connecting with the right one. If you truly strike out and you are in a good reception area and your TiVo can do over the air you can maybe do OTA and a streaming service…. Good luck

·
Registered
401 Posts
Because cable card is a dead technology and we here on TCF are some the last users. Sad but true.
I hear you and I completely agree, … I also know that technology moves forward, but to "pull the rug" on an existing cable card for a service you provide that depends on this cable card to receive your service just doesn't seem right!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts