TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

4,428 Posts
Since this is a Spectrum cablecard labeled thread...I've been with Spectrum and their cablecard since I bought my first HD set...They have a dedicated support line for cable cards and TAs, and it's not the usual desk jockeys reading from a script. Those people know their business, and never failed to remotely fix any issues I had. Many of them also used TiVos, which helped.
You're lucky. Legacy Charter markets never had and still don't have a dedicated support line or anybody that has a clue about cable cards. I struggled with dozens of activations and cable car support issues over the course of many years with Charter, later Spectrum. It got to the point where I had to tell them what to do, step by step because they were so incompetent.

4,428 Posts
Agreed regarding the letter, it is the most horribly worded message ever: "...CableCARDs will not be compatible with future service upgrades for some time."

What exactly does that mean, "for some time".
This explains it pretty well:

4,428 Posts
Did they say they’re simply stopping to support cable cards? (If so, why?) Or are they switching to an incompatible system like IPTV?
IPTV isn't the reason since Spectrum isn't really doing that yet. Spectrum's upload speed boost changes result in a "high-split" that will walk on cable card frequencies. That's the reason for the emails. It's all explained in reports posted earlier in the thread.

4,428 Posts
Thanks much for your post. I called the 2598 team again and was able to get our Roamio working, although our tuning adapter is still blinking yellow and we're still missing those channels. The support guy said everything is good on their end for the TA so it has to be a TiVo problem. (Yeah, right.)

I'll mess with the Bolt once I get it switched back from antenna to cable.
Mine did that when the cable company had disabled/removed the TA on their end. Not a Tivo issue at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts