TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Spectrum and cable card

61K views 387 replies 73 participants last post by  michaelj3 
I just got the email as well. I think it's funny that they say they don't want the cable cards back. Doesn't say anything about the tuning adapter, though, which would be more of a hassle to return (our local Spectrum store closed several years back).

The Apple TV offer is interesting, especially considering this: How to control your Apple TV with a TiVo remote

Thankfully, when the time comes, I can just switch the Bolt to antenna, which is 80% of what we watch anyway. If it weren't for sports, I would've likely cut the cord a long time ago.

It would be helpful if people who got the email mentioned what part of the country or what state they live in. This may or may not be rolled out to major cities for a while.
Central Kentucky here

In exchange, I'll point out a 'hidden' ATV4K remote feature I just love: You're watching a show, and miss a bit of dialog. Hit the mike button on the Apple remote and say "What did she say?" and the device will rewind 20 seconds, turn on closed captioning, play back that 20 seconds of rewound video, then turn off closed captioning. It's magical.
That's nifty. One of the reasons why I've kept going back to Roku is they, like Tivo, have an instant replay button right on the remote. You can also set it to only turn on captions during instant replay.

Agreed. Literally the only thing I can't get with YTTV is the failing Pittsburgh Pirates, now that they've added the Weather Channel.

I can always read about the Bucs losing the next day...
Same here but with the Reds. :LOL: And unfortunately there's still a few years left on the ACC's (pre-ACC Network) agreement with Fox/Bally Sports South.

Is OTA my only option for using Tivo if they do drop the cablecard? Will I still be able to use Season Pass on OTA? Guess I better start looking for a way to set up an antenna.
I have a first generation Bolt that can do cable or OTA, and it takes about an hour to go through guided setup to switch to OTA (plus a few hours to fully download the new listings). I've gone back and forth a few times when there's been extended outages. The main thing is to check your Season Passes to make sure they're set to All Channels. Depending on your location, you may only need a flat antenna attached to the inside of a window.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.