TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the right place for it, but if my TiVo fails to record or I wait three years until I decide I like a series enough to watch it, then it is necessary to go to the desktop and find an online source. So it's not a TiVo question. In both cases today, the episodes were free on the NBC web site.

"Superstore" failed to record for reasons explained elsewhere. I figured I'd better go ahead while it's free in case the episode is not repeated. The star is Latino (thought this was her last week) and I figured maybe that's why one of the commercials was in Spanish. Maybe the show is popular with people who speak Spanish.

This does not explain "This Is Us". I never saw a Spanish commercial while watching that. I saw three today. That show has no Latino characters that I know of and I'm not aware of it being popular with people who speak Spanish.

At the same time, State Farm has a really nice girl in the Spanish commercials instead of the African-American man who seems to have become so popular as their official spokesman. I'd like to get to know more about her.

·
formerly known as "unclehonkey"
2,751 Posts
Since you are watching it from the NBC site and not from your local affiliate those things happen. Hell I seen Spanish ads before I watch a youtube clip

I dont see what the big issue is

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was there a question here?

Also, there's a major Latinx character in This Is Us.
I'm curious why I got those commercials. That's right, Miguel is a Spanish name.

A newspaper writer listed "Fresh Prince" as a show with a Latino actor. I had no idea who that was. Turns out it's Alfonso Ribeiro. Carlton? Latino?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since you are watching it from the NBC site and not from your local affiliate those things happen. Hell I seen Spanish ads before I watch a youtube clip

I dont see what the big issue is
The ad is not reaching me. The subtitles are even in Spanish! I took two semesters in college (not offered at my high school) and the first semester didn't help me at all with the guy across the hall or his friends.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The NFL has been running some Spanish-themed commercials lately.

One is for the NFL clothing featuring Hispanics with Spanish language rap song.

Another is McDonald's with (what I'm assuming) a Spanish rapper.

Corona added Bad Bunny (Spanish rapper) to the series of ads with Snoop.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,606 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.