TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried watching a recorded program today only to find out it had no sound. I re-booted the S3 several times but still no sound. I did have sound on other recorded programs and live TV. This is not the first time I have had this problem. Sometimes, turning things off and on works - sometimes it doesn't.

I then tried watching this program with my Slingbox and I had sound. I then went to the TV and tried again, but no sound. Went back to the Slingbox and ended up watching it on my laptop.

I am using the S3s optical audio connect for my TV, but believe I am using component audio to the Slingbox.

Any ideas?

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone have problems with the optical audio output - I think my "no sound" problem has to do with that as I have no issues watching recorded programs via my slingbox - which is connected to the S3 via composite cables (white and red).

I guess the problem could be with my A/V reciever but I doubt it. Yesterday, I watched one recorded program fine, but couldn't get sound when starting to watch the second one. I switch to live TV and have no sound either. So, I turn things off/on and now I have live TV sound but still no sound from recorded programs. Re-boot and still the same problem. I then try to watch things via the slingbox and everything is fine :confused:

I guess I will take out the optical digital audio cable and replace with composite audio cables since that seems to work fine on the slingbox.

Before I do, wanted to post this to see if anyone else is having problems with this optical audio connection?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.