TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Funkadelic
4,705 Posts
For whatever it's worth, I migrated from a similar model Belkin to that Linksys model (though there are several versions/iterations now) due to connectivity problems. I don't recall having throughput probs though. I'd definitely look for something that updates firmware now and then - at least you know the model is still supported.

The Linksys has been rock solid, probably the most stable and reliable router I've used. Though I just saved a few bucks and bought my mom a Dlink that had a huge rebate - hopefully I won't be kicking myself troubleshooting it all the time. ;)

(Surprisingly the cheapie Belkin had some port forwarding options I don't have with the Linksys, but I can deal.)

·
Funkadelic
4,705 Posts
atmuscarella said:
Was the D-Link a DI-524?
I just called my mom... I got her a starter kit which includes that specific router (DI-524) and also a USB adapter (DWL-G122) for her PC. Now all I got to do is fly down one day and set it all up. :) Glad to hear the router is doing well!

(I've thought of maybe setting my mom up remotely via LogMeIn, but not sure how slow that would be over dialup. In retrospect, it would have made more sense to set it up at my place then mail it to her.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.